Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
Minimum Qualifications Reachable for appointment from the current Beginning Office Assistant eligible list #26-114; OR
A current New York State employee eligible for transfer under Section 70.1 of the Civil Service Law.
Duties Description Under the supervision of an Office Assistant 2, the Office Assistant 1 will perform duties that include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Open mail and prepare tickets/vouchers for keypunching in accordance with Lottery’s policies and procedures and then enter data into the prize payment system to validate ticket(s).
• Review any correspondence that may accompany the tickets/vouchers and forward to appropriate individual/unit for resolution.
• Provide back-up coverage for the Schenectady Claims Center, which includes waiting on customers face-to-face, processing tickets/vouchers, and answering questions from the public.
• Office phone coverage, answering inquiries from the public, other units, etc.– candidate should possess good telephone skills to maintain the Lottery’s high quality of customer service.
• Assist the Office Assistant 3 with records retention.
• General office tasks as needed.
Candidate should possess excellent data entry skills with a high level of accuracy.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
PO Box 7500
Notes on ApplyingThe NYS Gaming Commission has several vacancies for which we are currently recruiting. Please specify the title and Vacancy ID number in the Subject Line of your email or fax submission.
Please submit a cover letter and resume indicating that you are applying for Office Assistant 1 and include the Vacancy ID number. Please include your current Civil Service title (if applicable) and clearly indicate how you meet the minimum qualifications for this position. Your Social Security Number may be required in order to confirm your eligibility.