Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
Minimum Qualifications Provisional Qualifications:
Departmental Examination: Candidate must be a qualified employee of the New York State Office for People with Developmental Disabilities and have had three months of permanent competitive or 55-b/55-c service in a clinical or direct care position AND must also possess a bachelor’s degree or higher in a human services field OR permanent New York State certification as a teacher.
Duties Description The Habilitation Specialist 1 (HS1) position is responsible for helping residential participants reach their optimum level of functioning by developing individual habilitation plans, setting goals and monitoring an individual’s progress in reaching these goals. The HS1will responsible for our individuals who have varying degrees of functioning levels and behavioral involvement. The HS1 will be based out of the Wiltwyck IRA and provide oversight for 4 homes. These locations are subject to change.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Habilitation Specialist 1’s duties will include, but are not limited to:
• Will Develop Residential Habilitation Plans that address the outcomes as reflected in the ISP as
well as the needs and interests of assigned individuals.
• Plans will address independence, integration, individualization and productivity; Develop and maintain house-specific and individual-specific Plans of Protective Oversight;
• Provide oversight to assigned homes and bring issues/concerns to the attention of appropriate team members;
• Provide guidance to all direct care staff in all areas related to Residential Habilitation;
• Develop Personal Expenditure Plan for each individual ensuring that individuals’ desires and interests are met and money is budgeted.
• Ensure all Residential Habilitation documents are maintained in the individuals’ records, in proper order, and that records are neatly maintained per regulation and policy;
• Provides input to House Managers and/or Recreation staff in the planning of community inclusion activities that are appropriate to each individual’s interests and abilities.
• Other duties as assigned
Additional Comments You must have a valid driver’s license to apply as travel is a part of the duties involved in this position. This may include a state-owned vehicle, as available, or the employee’s own car. An employee who uses his/her own car will be reimbursed at current negotiated rates.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Notes on ApplyingInterested candidates should submit a cover letter detailing how you meet the minimum qualifications, a current resume and
a copy of your bachelor’s degree to the Taconic DDSOO Human Resources Office. Please provide your social security number for service certification and transfer eligibility determination process. Also, be sure to include the vacancy number on this announcement on your resume.
Taconic DDSO – Human Resources
26 Center Circle
Wassaic, New York 12592
Phone: 845-877-6821 ext. 3367
Please note: Preference will be given to OPWDD employees impacted by closures. If you are being impacted by closure, please indicate this on your resume/cover letter.
All OPWDD employees must be eligible and maintain eligibility for full and unconditional participation in the Medicare and Medicaid programs. Continued employment will depend on maintaining eligibility.
OPWDD IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER