Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
Minimum Qualifications TRANSFER QUALIFICATIONS: Any current Nurse 2
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: For Nurse 2: Candidates must be licensed and currently registered to practice nursing in New York State AND have one year of post-RN licensure clinical nursing experience.
Duties Description PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Include, but are not limited to:
• Adjust schedule as needed to coordinate coverage with other RN’s within the team, to provide oversight and medication recertification for AMAP staff on all shifts, to attend medical appointments and to visit consumers in hospitals when necessary.
• Responsible for ensuring accurate and efficient medication systems within the home, including, but not limited to inventory, storage, documentation and follow-up.
• Provide clinical supervision to LPN’s in all nursing functions/direct care staff for nursing tasks as necessary.
• Ensure timely and appropriate follow-up on consumer health, medical and psychiatric issues.
• Responsible for development of appropriate self-medication administration goals for consumers.
• Responsible for overseeing and maintaining effective infection control practices at the IRA and for monitoring immunization status of staff and individual’s.
• Responsible for assessing and ensuring delivery of all aspects of medical/psychological care if needed and oversight of LPN’s/direct care staff assigned to provide the care.
• Responsible for ongoing assessment of health status and provision of advocacy for necessary interventions along with appropriate documentation, in a timely manner.
• Responsible for timely completion of all nursing assessments and related paperwork, as outlined in the HCBS Waiver regulations.
• Responsible for ensuring compliance with 624, 633 regulations, nursing policies and procedures and appropriate and timely documentation.
• Responsible for development and oversight of Nursing Plans of Service as assigned.
• Responsible to train staff at the IRA on these Nursing Plans of Service on an ongoing basis as needed.
• Responsible for completion of non-reportable logs, medication error logs, etc. on a monthly basis for the IRA monthly report.
• Responsible for training staff in current nursing policy and procedures, individualized specific medical issues and treatments, medication administration (and recertification) and ensuring compliance through oversight and record reviews.
• Responsible for ensuring implementation of site-specific protocols for emergencies and provision of emerging evaluations and assistance.
• Responsible for pouring and passing medications and doing treatments when needed.
• Responsible for Daytime Nurse Triage Coverage
• Must be able to work well with involved family members/advocates.
• Other Duties as Assigned.
Additional Comments Please note:
• For CSEA positions: Local Bidding Agreements will be honored.
• Preference will be given to OPWDD employees impacted by closures. If you are being impacted by closure, please indicate this on your resume/cover letter.
• All OPWDD employees must be eligible and maintain eligibility for full and unconditional participation in the Medicare and Medicaid programs. Continued employment will depend on maintaining eligibility.
• OPWDD IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
• Position may be eligible for Loan Forgiveness via the Public Service Loan Forgiveness program:
• For more information on PSLF, please visit www.studentAid.gov/publicservice
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.