Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
118 Utica Business Park
Minimum Qualifications Transfer: Currently a permanent Developmental Assistant 3 or staff in a PEF title whose current function is residential program management.
Promotion: Candidate must be reachable on the Civil Service List for Developmental Assistant 3.
Duties Description POSITION DESCRIPTION:
Second level supervisor of multiple work sites; supervises and works with staff to motivate and attend to the personal daily living needs of the developmentally disabled individuals in their care.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Supervisor of site directors at assigned IRA’s (DA1, DA2s, and Senior LPNs) to ensure staffing levels and patterns at assigned sites, as well as supervisory practices in place. Fully support ongoing implementation of site BMP Plans and Individual Residential Habilitation Plans and co-develops, co-trains, and monitor individual residential habilitation plans for assigned consumers, co-develops and co-trains and monitors IPOP’s for all assigned consumers.
• Provides guidance and direction to DA1, DA2s and Senior LPNs at assigned IRAs ensuring direct care and supervisory staff input into any action-plans needed and consistent follow through by staff.
• Ensures timely and accurate completion of administrative reports in key areas, participating in the process of summarizing and analyzing this information in a manner which aids unit managers in sound decision-making practices including: survey response, ongoing evaluation of staffing needs based upon program objectives; ongoing review of schedules/assignment developed by site directors; ongoing review of use of ET and OT and overall cash management; advocate for and coordinate training of subordinate staff; coordinate regular meetings between subordinate staff and facilitate collaboration in areas which would maximize management of all key resources. Attends and monitors ISP reviews for completion and follow-up.
• Performs quarterly audits at assigned IRAs of consumer cash and petty cash budgets. Writes consumer cash POCAS when deemed necessary. Writes PEPS of assigned consumers.
• Annual review/update of fire evacuation assessments.
• Contributes to the management team:
• Ensures 147s are completed appropriately and all necessary preliminary decisions and actions are made and appropriately communicated.
• Serves on / leads various workgroups and committees and completes other special assignments as appropriate.
Additional Comments Simultaneous to this posting the Civil Service list for Developmental Assistant 3 may be canvassed. Management reserves the right to select either an eligible respondent to this posting or appoint from the Civil Service list.
The successful bidder to this posting is advised that it will be their responsibility to discuss, with their new supervisor, any previously approved time off. There is no guarantee the new unit will be able to honor previously approved time off.
Any questions regarding the duties of this position may be directed to Patty Matteson, TTL at 315-793-2800.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
101 West Liberty Street
Notes on ApplyingPlease submit a cover letter and resume by 06/25/2018 and include EOA # 18-120 on all correspondence to: Central NY DDSO, Human Resources, 101 W. Liberty Street, Rome, NY 13440 or email: email@example.com.
Employees on long term leave can bid on positions but must be able to report to work within fourteen (14) days and be able to perform the essential functions of their positions with or without reasonable accommodation (RA). If an employee believes that he or she needs a reasonable accommodation, they should contact the NYS OPWDD Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Central Office at (518) 402-7644 or Email at Affirmative.Action@opwdd.ny.gov to obtain information and RA forms.
Public Service Loan Forgiveness: If you are employed by state government you may be able to receive loan forgiveness under the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program (PSLF). The PSLF Program forgives the remaining balance on Direct Loans after 120 qualifying monthly payments have been made under a qualifying repayment plan while working full-time for a qualifying employer. For more information regarding PSLF please visit StudentAid.gov/publicservice.
• For CSEA positions: Local Bidding Agreements will be honored.
• Preference will be given to OPWDD employees impacted by closures. If you are being impacted by closure, please indicate this on your resume/cover letter.
• All OPWDD employees must be eligible and maintain eligibility for full and unconditional participation in the Medicare and Medicaid programs. Continued employment will depend on maintaining eligibility.
• OPWDD IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER.