Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
998 Crooked Hill Rd.
Minimum Qualifications A Current New York State License to practice as a Registered Professional Nurse and certification by the New York State Education Department to practice as a Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner.
Candidates must be eligible and maintain eligibility for full and unconditional participation in the Medicaid and Medicare programs. Failure to maintain licensure, certification and/or Medicaid/Medicare eligibility will result in the termination of employment.
Duties Description The incumbent will perform the following general duties:
• Examine patients to determine the nature of the psychiatric complaint and the treatment to be prescribed;
• Author medication orders and clarify orders when required with nursing;
• Review preadmission psychiatric information to determine psychiatric appropriateness prior to admission;
• Establish the admitting diagnoses and final diagnoses upon discharge;
• Conduct psychiatric examinations, assessments and consultations;
• Respond to psychiatric emergencies,
• Assess and treat patients with co-occurring disorders;
• Function as a member of the treatment team.
• Provide educational lectures/groups to patients and or staff
• Perform other duties as assigned; completion of other tasks to meet ATC needs.
NOTE: The incumbent will provide coverage at other ATCs as needed; The ATC uses a computerized patient record
Additional Comments Background Investigation Requirements:
Prospective appointees will be: 1) Checked against the Staff Exclusion List (SEL) maintained by the Justice Center for the Protection of People with Special Needs. Prospective employees whose names appear on the SEL as having been found responsible for serious or repeated acts of abuse or neglect will be barred from appointment and may have their names removed from the eligible list(s) for the title(s) if applicable. 2) Investigated through a Criminal Background Check (CBC) that includes State and federal Criminal History Record Checks. All convictions must be reported; conviction of a felony or misdemeanor, or any falsified or omitted information on the prospective appointee’s employment application may bar appointment or result in removal after appointment. Each case will be determined on its own merits, consistent with the applicable provisions of State and federal laws, rules, and regulations. Prospective employees will be fingerprinted in order to obtain a record of their criminal history information, and may be required to pay any necessary fees. 3) Screened against the Statewide Central Register of Child Abuse and Maltreatment (SCR). Prospective employees may be required to pay any necessary fees. Additionally, prospective employees whose names are indicated on the SCR may be barred from appointment.
CK Post ATC is a Tobacco-Free facility.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
1450 Western Ave., 4th floor