Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
Minimum Qualifications Minimum Qualifications
Bachelor’s degree plus four years relevant experience, or Associate’s degree plus six years relevant experience. Certification as a Code Enforcement Official in NYS. Must possess a valid driver’s license. Other combinations of education and experience may be considered.
Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Architecture or related field plus four years relevant experience. Certification as a Code Enforcement Official in NYS. Must possess a valid driver’s license.
• Excellent oral and written communications skills.
• Demonstrated ability to work independently and exercise sound judgment.
• Proficiency in PC applications such as Outlook, Excel, Access, Word and PowerPoint.
Duties Description Primary Purpose
The Code Administrator performs code related and fire/life safety inspections, documents review and conducts investigations to evaluate and determine code compliance and life safety conditions of projects under construction and existing facilities.
• Conduct various fire/life safety inspections, testing, analysis and review of projects and facilities for compliance with all applicable client, local, State and federal codes, laws, rules and regulations, as well as DASNY policies and procedures.
• Consult with code enforcement, fire and other safety-related State, local and other officials when appropriate.
• Consult with DA staff on fire/life safety systems, codes and questions arising from the review of plans, drawings and construction project problems and issues.
• Consult with staff and clients on proposed changes in physical structures or in the uses of DA properties.
• Perform project drawing and specification design review, ensuring documents are code compliant, technically sound and suitable for public bidding.
• Participate in the Construction Permitting Program, including the issuance of Construction permits, Temporary Approvals for Occupancy, and Code Compliance Certificates.
• Survey property prior to acquisition or involvement by the Dormitory Authority, assessing the general condition, state of repair, level of maintenance and compliance with applicable life/safety regulations.
• Review and assess damage to DA properties.
• Prepare reports relating to assigned activities and review reports/correspondence prepared by consultants, contractors, code enforcement officials and DASNY field staff.
Other Duties and Responsibilities
• Perform other inspections and related services as directed.
• Assist with the design, development, documentation and testing of computer applications for the Quality Assurance unit.
• Assist with the development, documentation and implementation of procedures.
• Assist with the assessment/development and implementation of internal controls, and participate in the review and testing of same.
• Undertake special assignments as directed.
• Must maintain regular attendance in accordance with DASNY attendance and leave policies.
• Must adhere to the NYS Information Security Policy Standards established and issued by the Office of Cyber Security and Critical Infrastructure Coordination. (Standards can be found on the Intranet).
Additional Comments Supervision
Frequent travel is required (8-12 trips per month) using public transportation, DASNY vehicle, rental vehicle or personal vehicle. This travel may include overnight stays at public accommodations and related establishments. Requires exposure to weather and temperature extremes, loud noises, heights (climbing ladders, scaffolding, etc.) and other work-safety hazards (chemicals, fumes, etc.) of a construction site. Must be available to occasionally work a modified work schedule or extended workday hours.
Workstation varies depending on assignment. Requires use of field equipment to conduct site visit observations and associated testing. Requires use of one or more of the following: PC, telephone, fax machine, printer, copier, scanner, electronic stapler/hole punch/date stamp, shredder.
DASNY is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer committed to excellence and diversity.
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.