Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
Minimum Qualifications One year of permanent competitive service as a Youth Counselor 1 or Youth Counselor 1 Spanish Language or in a title eligible for a 70.1 transfer
OR 55 b/c eligibility with a bachelor's degree and two years of direct counseling, educational, clinical, or supervisory experience in prevention, protection, or rehabilitative programs for individuals between the ages of 10 and 21 years of age who are generally considered to be "juvenile delinquents," "youthful offenders," or youth residing in a residential setting which may include, youth who are diagnosed with mental or developmental disabilities, mental illness, or addictions who could potentially become involved in the juvenile justice system.
Note: If you are reachable on the Youth Counselor 1 list, you will receive a canvass letter.
Duties Description Applicant shall assist the Supervisor of Facility Security in implementing Agency and DJJOY goals, systems, policies and procedures which produce outcomes in the support of the Agency's mission and priorities as they relate to compliance with various standards for security operations of DJJOY facilities. Such duties shall include but not limited to:
• Compliance with security standards, conduct site visit, and annual audits to facilities for verification of compliance with security policy and procedures;
• Develop and implement security procedures and protocols;
• Liaison to Capital Facilities with regards to new construction and rehab of facilities to ensure facilities meeting safety/security requirements;
• Provide technical assistance in matters relating to security to Facility Managers and Facility Directors and staff;
• Research and review new security products;
• Maintain records for various security equipment, devices and services to include security related vendors;
• Provide representation for Supervisor of Facility Security for occasions in which the Supervisor is not available;
• Attend various weekly and monthly meetings with or in place of Supervisor of Facility Security;
• Provide supervision for the Statewide Facility Search Team (SWFST) and Administrator of Facility Services (AFS) program.
Additional duties will be discussed in detail during the interview.
Additional Comments The preferred candidate should possess a familiarity with security operations, excellent verbal and written skills, and computer skills to include experience in Microsoft Access, Outlook, Excel and Word. This position requires extensive overnight travel.
Please specify in your cover letter and/or resume how you meet the minimum qualifications (as described above) when responding to this posting. For example, you should provide specific date ranges for qualifying experience, qualifying education or certifications, or the age range of individuals served. Non-specific submissions may be disqualified from further consideration if the information you provide does not meet the minimum qualifications.
Qualified Veterans may be eligible for an on-the-job stipend from the Veteran’s Administration, as the training program for this position is an approved program for GI Bill On-The-Job Training Benefits.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
52 Washington Street, 231 North
Notes on ApplyingQualified candidates should send a resume and cover letter giving the Title, Location, and EOA Number of the position being applied for. Please provide your email address and your work, home and cell phone numbers. In order to qualify you for the position when you have current or prior New York State employment, you may be contacted by OCFS Personnel for your social security number to confirm your employment history.