Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
· Screen phone calls for the Director’s Office. Independently answer questions based on knowledge of office operations or direct calls to the proper party with minimum inconvenience to the caller.
· Establish filing systems, work flows, protocol, and procedures for the entire bureau. This will include electronic data, as well as hard copy data.
· Receive incoming mail and direct to the correct party for handling in a timely manner.
· Maintain a tracking system for all section correspondence and/or projects that require follow-up.
· Prepare correspondence for the Manager’s signature. Generate management reports. Prepare coherent and comprehensive correspondence, narratives, charts, and reports, using correct grammar, punctuation and spelling. Ability to use word processing, database and spreadsheet systems. Possess knowledge of Department specific terminology.
· Schedule meetings, secure locations, make travel and lodging reservations, prepare and process travel vouchers, and maintain a calendar for Management.
· Supervise staff and train new clerical employees in the Bureau as needed.
· Perform other duties as required.
· Ability to meet Department's time and attendance rules.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Notes on ApplyingQualified candidates should submit a letter of interest and resume including current title, how you qualify and your social security number for verification. Please reference the vacancy ID number and title.