Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
25 Beaver Street
Minimum Qualifications • Must currently be permanent in the title of Social Work
Assistant 3, OR
• Must be active and reachable on the appropriate Civil Service
eligible list, OR
• Must be eligible for 70.1 transfer by way of current
permanent status in a title deemed comparable by the NYS
Department of Civil Service.
FOR PROVISIONAL APPOINTMENT:
• Must possess a Master’s degree in Social Work from a regionally
accredited college or university, OR
• A Bachelor’s degree in Social Work and one year of post
bachelor’s experience in Social Work, OR
• A Bachelor’s degree or higher in a human service area and two
years of post-bachelor’s experience in Social Work.
If you are appointed provisionally, you must take the next scheduled civil service examination for this title and your score must be reachable on the resulting eligible list before you can be permanently appointed. If you do not pass the examination or achieve a reachable score, you may not be retained.*
Duties Description The incumbent’s job duties for Self-Direction Liaison will include but are not limited to the following:
• Oversee the development of a self-directed plan. Work closely
with the participant, family members, Care Coordinator, broker
and fiscal intermediary agency.
• Review plans for accuracy; participate in local review committees
and complete necessary paperwork for approval. Submit plans
electronically to Central Office. Once final approval is obtained,
send approval letters and other correspondence to all parties.
• Provide technical support to brokers (start up and support
brokers), Care Coordinators and all involved in the development
and maintenance of a self-directed plan.
• Participate in “launch meetings” when the plan is approved.
Ensure all parties are aware of their responsibilities and provide
guidance on the implementation of the plan.
• Participate in ongoing statewide work groups and trainings for
brokers and other interested parties. Work with other self-
directed liaisons regionally to provide trainings for new brokers.
Track on-going training requirements for brokers.
• Provide person centered planning information as needed to
interested care coordinators, parents, brokers, etc. Provide
information regarding OPWDD’s transformation and any
upcoming changes within self-direction. Participate in forums
and presentations to agencies and parent groups interested in
• Maintain a data based tracking interested individuals, the status
of the plans and review dates.
• Approve DDP1 in CHOICES and maintain additions and
withdrawals as they occur.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Human Resources Office