Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
50 Wolf Road
Minimum Qualifications To be considered for permanent appointment, candidates must be reachable on the current Civil Service eligible list or be eligible for reassignment or transfer in accordance with Civil Service Law.
Duties Description A Senior Engineering Technician in the Design Bureau, would assist in the performance of engineering work and support services. This may include, but not be limited to:
• Prepare and assist engineers in the preparation of drawings using CADD;
• Prepare quantity summary tables for highway and bridge projects;
• Assist with the development of the engineer’s estimate;
• Assist in the gathering and compilation of site data for highway and bridge projects;
• Visit the project site and attend occasional meetings in the regional offices;
• Assist in developing presentation plans for public meetings and reports
• You will also be expected to use various computer applications in the performance of your duties.
Responsibilities may include serving a role within the Incident Command System to support the Department’s response to regional and statewide emergency situations
Additional Comments Qualified candidates should submit a letter of interest and a current resume no later than July 19, 2018 to:
New York State Department of Transportation
Office of Design
50 Wolf Road, POD 2-3
Albany, NY 12232
Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor’s Office of Employee Relations at (518) 474-6988 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.