Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
One year of permanent service in a financial management or a budgeting position allocated to an M-2 level or higher via 52.6 transfer.
Provisional: One year of permanent service in a financial management or a budgeting position allocated to an M-1 level or higher.
Duties Description Serve as the second-in-command in the Bureau of Financial Operations.
Specific responsibilities include:
• Reporting directly to the Director for Financial Management,
• Assist with the coordinates and direction the Office’s financial management activities concerning: Accounting and Revenue Collection, Accounts Payable, Federal Reporting and Grants Management, Federal Cost Allocation, State and Local District Support, Title IV-e Operations and the Criminal History Review Unit.
• Responsible for the financial administration of the Office of Children and Family Services’ (OCFS) Home Office, Regional Offices, and State Operated Facilities. Coordinates all financial and administration support for local social services districts.
• Advises and assists the Director in the development and implementation of policies and procedures related to the accounting and financial operations of the $3.5 billion budget administered by OCFS and $400 million for Title IV-E Operations.
• Coordinates the review and evaluation of changes in State and Federal legislation, programs and policies related to financial management. Advises the Deputy Commissioner, OCFS program Deputies and the Local Social Services Districts on the development of policies and procedures to meet the changes in mandated financial management requirements.
• Directs long and short-term studies of the financial controls with a focus on improving fiscal effectiveness and efficiencies in programs at both the State and local levels to improve overall program management.
• Maintains frequent and regular contact with high level managers at various external State and Federal agencies to ensure that the implementation of OCFS programs are consistent with State policy and objectives.
• Oversees the coordination and preparation of mandated Federal and State reports.
• Responds to requests for information or analyses made by external fiscal agencies and committees. Additional duties will be discussed in detail during the interview.
• Addition responsibilities as assigned by the Director of Financial Operations.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
52 Washington Street, 231 North
Notes on ApplyingQualified candidates should send a resume and cover letter giving the Title, Location, and EOA Number of the position being applied for. Please provide your email address and your work, home and cell phone numbers. In order to qualify you for the position when you have current or prior New York State employment, you may be contacted by OCFS Personnel for your social security number to confirm your employment history.