Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
101 West Liberty Street
Duties Description PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Licensed Practical Nurses work in hospital or clinical settings where, using detailed standard procedures and as directed by physicians or registered nurses, they treat patients for a variety of physical maladies to assist in maintaining patient health, preventing and curing illness and injury and alleviating suffering. They also observe patients through the duration of their treatment to obtain information on the physical conditions of such patients.
• Administer all injectable, j-tube and g-tube medications to assigned individuals.
• Implementing and monitoring the g-tube and j-tube feedings, including changing g-tubes as necessary.
• Implementing catheterization orders, trach care, deep oral and pharyngeal suctioning.
• Any additional medical nursing treatment as necessary.
• Assist with medical needs at IRA’s. Other duties as directed by supervisor or nursing administrative staff. Could be assigned to float to other locations depending on staffing.
• Perform “Direct Care” duties as assigned
Additional Comments Please note:
• For CSEA positions: Local Bidding Agreements will be honored.
• Preference will be given to OPWDD employees impacted by closures. If you are being impacted by closure, please indicate this on your resume/cover letter.
• All OPWDD employees must be eligible and maintain eligibility for full and unconditional participation in the Medicare and Medicaid programs. Continued employment will depend on maintaining eligibility.
• OPWDD IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
• Position may be eligible for Loan Forgiveness via the Public Service Loan Forgiveness program:
• For more information on PSLF, please visit www.studentAid.gov/publicservice
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
187 Northern Concourse
Notes on ApplyingPlease note that starting salary for this title reflects the geographic pay differential. $40,113 - $48,772 - Posted Hiring Salary includes the sum of the statutory hiring rate for ISU Grade 10 ($38,113), and Geographic Differential ($2,000) Geographic Differential added to the job rate ($46,772) for the ISU Grade 10.
Submit cover letter and résumé by, June 6, 2019. Please reference the above Licensed Practical Nurse in all correspondence.