Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
213 Tracy Creek Road
Minimum Qualifications Candidates must be:
1. Reachable on the current Civil Service List for Habilitation Specialist 2, OR;
2. Permanent service as a Habilitation Specialist 2, OR;
3. Eligible to 70.1 transfer to a Habilitation Specialist 2 title, OR;
4. Those eligible for provisional appointment pending exam may be considered. You must be a qualified employee of the New York State Office for People With Developmental Disabilities and have had three months of permanent competitive or 55-b/55-c service as a Habilitation Specialist 1, Habilitation Specialist 1 (Spanish Language), or Habilitation Specialist 1 (Manual Communications).
Duties Description POSITION DESCRIPTION:
Habilitation Specialist 2’s work with individuals with developmental disabilities to help them lead better lives. Instructing and guiding these individuals in developing basic learning and self-help skills, as well as communication, community, and prevocational skills. This position also has a responsibility of supervising lower level program staff.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Function in the role of a Habilitation Specialist 2 within a treatment team.
• Provide active treatment, including participation in community activities and inclusion opportunities. Facilitating growth and supporting goals of those served.
• Other duties as assigned.
Additional Comments • All OPWDD employees must be eligible and maintain eligibility for full and unconditional participation in the Medicare and Medicaid programs. Continued employment will depend on maintaining eligibility.
• OPWDD IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
• Employees on long term leave can bid on positions but must be able to report to work within fourteen (14) days and be able to perform the essential functions of their positions with or without reasonable accommodation (RA). If an employee believes that he or she needs a reasonable accommodation, they should contact the NYS OPWDD Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Central Office at (518) 402-7644 or Email at Affirmative.Action@opwdd.ny.gov to obtain information and RA forms.
• OPWDD participates in Federal Loan Forgiveness Programs. For more information go to: www.studentaid.ed.gov/publicservice.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Notes on ApplyingSubmit Response to Posting form, cover letter, and résumé by July 19, 2018 to:
Broome DDSOO Human Resources Office
249 Glenwood Road
Binghamton, NY 13905
Please reference EOA # 180719C in all correspondence.