Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
Minimum Qualifications A current New York State employee eligible for transfer under Section 70.1 of the Civil Service Law; OR
Reachable for appointment from the current Investigator 1 eligible list #25-434.
Duties Description Under the general direction of an Investigator 2 or other higher level staff, the Investigator 1 will perform duties that include, but are not limited to the following:
• Reviews assigned investigations or complaints to determine the issue at hand, the Gaming Commission rule or regulation involved, and the types of evidence needed to resolve the case.
• Reviews the rules for the applicable Lottery games, promotions, as well as our Regulations and determine if they are being followed.
• Determines if the Lottery transaction has been correctly processed and if the customer has been paid the correct prize amount.
• Plans the scope and method of investigation based on Gaming Commission policies and procedures and discusses strategies for case resolution with an Investigator 2.
• Conducts field inspections at licensed locations, checks for on-site violations of Gaming Commission policies or regulations and determines whether locations meet legislative Quick Draw criteria.
• Conducts surveillance and undercover activities to obtain information and evidence.
• Collects computer records, witness statements, and all other evidence relevant to the investigation. Analysis evidence and write a factual report based on the evidence, with your findings and conclusions.
• Assembles all interviews and other evidence into case file, types up investigation report, evaluates investigation and discusses recommendation with an Investigator 2.
• Provides testimony before a Grand Jury, court and administrative hearings.
• Any other necessary duties as determined by the Director of the Security Unit.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Notes on ApplyingEmail submissions are preferred.
Please submit a cover letter and resume indicating that you are applying for Investigator 1 and include the Vacancy ID number. Please include your current Civil Service title (if applicable) and clearly indicate how you meet the minimum qualifications for this position. Your Social Security Number may be required to confirm your eligibility.