Minimum Qualifications Interested candidates must be reachable on the Program Aide eligible list or eligible to transfer under Section 70.1 of the Civil Service Law.
To be eligible for a 70.1 transfer to a Program Aide, SG-13, a candidate must have one year of permanent competitive service in a qualifying title allocated to a salary grade 11 or higher.
Duties Description Provides paraprofessional support to the Labor Relations Unit
• Answer routine inquires and refer calls to Labor Relations staff for assistance as needed.
• Applies requisite knowledge of labor relations laws, rules, and regulations and negotiated contracts, to prepare emails, routine correspondence, memos and reports utilizing word processing, spreadsheet and database programs for the Director of Labor Relation’s review.
• Review all outgoing correspondence for the unit to ensure proper titles, dates, case numbers, references, factual correctness, policy information and that appropriate enclosures are attached.
• Develop, maintain and update administrative forms and office procedures for the Labor Relations unit.
• Create and maintain electronic and hard copy files on all cases, meetings and subjects.
• Scan, save, and track all incoming and outgoing correspondence electronically.
• Maintain the electronic Labor Relations database (LRTS) by opening cases, making updates and closing cases. Send Labor Relations staff notifications for new cases.
• Transcribe interrogations as needed.
• Maintain the tracking system for counseling memos by logging in memos received and saving a copy of the memo electronically.
• Maintain the tracking system for Employee Health Services (EHS) costs by logging in invoices for appointments. Provide analysis when requested.
• Review Personal History Files (PHF’s) that are requested by OSC staff to ensure all confidential information is in a separate file and/or redacted before they are reviewed by the requestor.
• Meet with OSC staff who have requested to review a PHF as needed. Sit with employees and/or supervisors who have active or potential Labor Relations cases.
• Other projects and duties as needed.
Quarterly Labor/Management Meeting
• Oversee quarterly Labor/Management meetings with CSEA and PEF.
• Communicate with Executive level staff, including the Comptroller and Deputy Comptrollers to coordinate quarterly L/M meetings.
• Track agenda items and follow-up on all action items from previous meetings.
• Draft all updates, background information, briefing documents and speaking points.
• Schedule and attend pre-meetings.
• Oversee conference room set-up and prepare meeting materials.
• Draft meeting summary for the Director of Labor Relation’s review.
Additional Comments Preferred Qualifications/Desired Competencies:
• Excellent customer service skills and experience with interpreting and explaining established policies and procedures to customers
• Strong writing skills and experience independently drafting correspondence to audiences at various levels internal and external to the organization
• Demonstrates experience with maintaining a high level of confidentiality
• Demonstrates technological proficiency including Microsoft Excel, Word, and Access and ability to create charts, graphs, and other visuals for the presentation of data
• Ability to maintain high volume, highly visible electronic and paper files in a precise and efficient manner
• Demonstrates strong organizational skills and attention to detail
• Demonstrates strong interpersonal skills and ability to work with other
• Ability to flourish in a fast paced environment that requires significant multi-tasking and changing priorities
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Notes on ApplyingInterested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com no later than July 19, 2018. Work hours to be discussed at time of interview. Please reference Item #950 – GOER-JFP when responding.
When responding, please include the reference number and letters listed in this section. The GOER vacancy ID # should not be included.