Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
Current New York State employee with one year or more of permanent, contingent-permanent, or 55b/c service as an Office Assistant 2 (Stores/Mail); OR current New York State employee with one year or more of permanent, contingent-permanent or 55b/c service in a position allocated to a Grade 7 or above and eligible for transfer under Section 70.1 of the Civil Service Law.
Employees reachable on the Office Assistant 2 (Stores/Mail) Civil Service eligible list will be canvassed and should not respond to this posting. This vacancy posting is for the purposes of notifying individuals about transfer opportunities.
NOTE: A comprehensive list of titles approved for transfer to Office Assistant 2 (Stores/Mail) is available in the Division of Human Resources Management or through Civil Service GOT-IT available at www.cs.ny.gov.
Duties include but are not limited to:
• Plan and assign daily workload per the facility’s Warehouse Supervisor;
• Assist with receiving and distributing materials, publications, and other promotional items upon request;
• Assist with retrieving and delivering product for tenant agencies at offsite locations;
• Maintain accountability of warehouse items utilizing the inventory system;
• Perform support and clerical work such as process written requests, schedule orders, prepare documents, and other related office activities;
• Ensure proper preparation and submission of Bills of Lading;
• Maintain records and perform routine preventative maintenance checks and services;
• Operate Material Handling Equipment;
• Perform oversight of tenant agency distribution operation;
• Evaluate the quality, quantity, and timeliness of work.
• Possession and maintenance of a valid Driver’s License issued by the New York State Department of Motor Vehicle is required. Operation of a motor vehicle will be required.
• Ability to bend, lift, climb and to stand and walk for long periods of time.
• Ability to lift a minimum of 70 pounds.
• Flexibility to work in environments of fluctuating temperatures including limited periods outside, year-round.
• May be required to respond to warehouse emergencies 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Note: Once appointed to/selected for the position, random drug testing will be required for this agency sensitive position.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
31st Floor Corning Tower, Empire State Plaza
Notes on ApplyingPlease submit cover letter along with a clear and concise resume detailing how you meet the minimum qualifications for this position as listed in Specifics and indicate the Position Title & Vacancy ID number for which you are applying.