Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
Minimum Qualifications Open to current NYS employees with one year of service in an Economic Development Program Specialist 2 position and to those reachable on the Economic Development Program Specialist 2 eligible list. No need to apply if on this list, we are canvassing all list candidates.
Duties Description Basic Function:
Under the general direction of the Regional Director, the incumbent of this position will be responsible for managing the services of the Department of Economic Development/Empire State Development (DED/ESD) to five distinct counties. This includes originating economic development projects, both as the lead economic development agency in the region, and as full-time staff to the Central New York Regional Economic Development Council (REDC).
The duties for this position include, but may not be limited to:
• Assist with the origination and regional management of economic development projects on a year-round basis. Coordinate with resources within ESD to justify and prepare Incentive Proposals, inclusive of ESD’s Policy team (for cost benefit analyses), Excelsior team (for Excelsior Tax Credit incentives); ESD’s Finance group (for financial justification memorandums) and ESD’s Project Review Committee (presentation and justification of incentive proposals), writing and vetting actual Incentive Proposal through project management to delivery and acceptance by applicant.
• Assist in the development and implementation of planning and regionally significant projects set by the Central New York Regional Economic Development Council. Attend REDC meetings and assist Regional Director in preparing for meetings. Become member on REDC Industry Workgroup(s), attending meetings on a year round basis and reporting back on progress.
• Review for eligibility all ESD CFA applications. Preform due diligence on eligible applications, provide scoring that is required on all CFA’s, provide scoring documentation in the Consolidated Funding Application (CFA) system, coordinate with Regional Director on project rankings, and provide scoring documentation on a timely basis to ESD team in Albany/NYC.
• Upon award notifications made by the Governor, return back to winning applicants, preparing CFA Incentive Proposals, reworking budgets to make projects feasible while keeping within ESD guidelines, managing return of proposals, making all within ESD aware of status including managing PTS entries.
• Represent the Central New York Regional Office at public meetings and serve as designee on assigned boards and committees on local development boards and committees.
• When called upon, prepare and deliver speeches and presentations on ESD and the REDC initiatives to regional groups.
• Remain current on ESD programs, initiatives, as well as those of sister agencies with whom we interact regularly (e.g. NYSERDA, NYPA, HCR, etc.)
• Maintain open lines of communication between local development partners including (but not limited to) local Industrial Development Agencies, Local Development Corporations, Municipalities, Counties, Utilities, Regional Planning Boards, and Chamber of Commerce.
• Actively and responsibly providing current and accurate information to ESD Press office and Governor’s Regional Representatives on both successful projects and problem areas that are important for media purposes.
• Coordinate with ESD’s Strategic Business Division on multi-region and multi-county prospects and major key industry projects. Interact with economic development partners on site visits and responsiveness to prospect and ESD requests for information.
• Other duties as requested by the Regional Director.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Notes on ApplyingIf interested in this position, please forward a cover letter and resume to the e-mail address below by July 23, 2018. Be sure to indicate the position title and location you are applying for and how you meet the minimum qualifications in your cover letter.