Please note: State agencies that contact job applicants do not usually request personal or financial information via text message or over the phone in connection with your response to a job posting. If you are contacted for such information by these methods, or any other method, please verify the identity of the individual before transmitting such information to that person.
Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor's Office of Employee Relations at (518) 474-6988 or via email at email@example.com.
Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
Date Posted 07/09/18
AgencyCivil Service, Department of
TitleOffice Assistant 3
Occupational CategoryClerical, Secretarial, Office Aide
Bargaining UnitASU - Administrative Services Unit (CSEA)
Salary RangeFrom $47773 to $58028 Annually
Employment Type Full-Time
Travel Percentage 0%
Hours Per Week 37.50
From 8:30 AM
To 4:30 PM
Flextime allowed? No
Mandatory overtime? No
Compressed workweek allowed? No
Telecommuting allowed? No
Street Address Agency Building 1, ESP
Minimum Qualifications Eligible for a Section 70.1 transfer.
Duties Description The Office Assistant 3 will be responsible for the following duties:
• Supervising, training and overseeing the work flow of the clerical staff assigned to the unit.
• Assisting the public and Department staff with questions related to exams scoring functions.
• Maintaining the State veteran’s credit system for entitlement of veteran credits on examinations and appointments.
• Verifying test attendance, scanning and transmitting answer sheets to other Testing Division sections, and posting State and Local examination score results to the Civil Service Website or Municipal Services Division Online website.
• Overseeing certain decentralized examination rosters.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.