Minimum Qualifications Interested candidates must be reachable on the Contract Management Specialist 2 eligible list OR eligible to transfer under Section 52.6 of the Civil Service Law.
To be eligible for a 52.6 transfer, a candidate must have one year permanent competitive service in a 52.6 title allocated to salary grade 21 or above.
Duties Description • Facilitate the procurement of goods and services in accordance with applicable New York State laws and regulations
• Provide supervision, training and support to staff in executing contracts and purchases
• Oversee assigned workload, report issues and recommended solutions to team manager
• Participate in staff performance management; assist staff in developing the skills necessary to advance to their full potential
Oversee and participate in the preparation and execution of purchases
• Review requests for contractual services or procurements submitted by program areas and evaluate for completeness; follow up with program area to get all appropriate documentation,
• Based on the New York State Procurement Guidelines ensure the vender selection is appropriate and price reasonability is established.
• Ensure all terms and conditions of the contractual agreement with vendor are consistent with OSC policy; seek advice from OSC Legal Services when necessary.
• Work with program staff to ensure contractual and procurement requirements and specifications are understood and documented at the appropriate level of specificity to ensure the appropriate commodities or services are bid, and comparable pricing can be obtained
• Work with vendors and manufacturers to ensure product or service specifications are clear and unambiguous
• Prepare and issue Invitations for Bid (IFB) and Requests for Quotes (RFQ) in accordance with the New York State Procurement Council Guidelines. Respond to questions from potential respondents in a manner that maintains fairness and competition
• Evaluate responses to IFBs and RFQs and communicate the results with the program staff. Address concerns of program staff; follow up with respondents, if necessary, in a manner that maintains fairness and competition
• Prepare Vendor Responsibility reviews when required
• Maintain a complete procurement record in accordance with State Finance Law
• Submit contractual agreements, and procurement record to OSC’s Bureau of Contracts (BOC) when required; address all questions raised by BOC
• Notify successful proposer/vendor of the selection and the non-successful proposer/vendor of the non-selection
• Process the the procurement in the Statewide Financial System (SFS); update SFS with any changes in purchasing authority do to new fiscal years or lapsing of appropriations
• Monitor the availability of funding for proposed procurements; work with budget analysts to resolve funding issues
Participate in Purchasing Community of Practice`
• Participate in regular meetings with of the Purchasing Connections community-of-practice including planning agenda, preparing and delivering presentations, and answering questions
• Participate in the preparation of the Purchasing Connections newsletter by monitoring customer questions to unit mailbox, participating in discussions of best practices and drafting news articles.
Additional Comments Desired Competencies:
• Strong supervisory skills
• Ability to identify problems and develop solutions
• Ability to complete work with a high level of independence
• Experienced managing multiple priorities
• Knowledge of State Finance Law Section 163
• Knowledge of NY State Procurement Guidelines
• Familiarity with OGS Centralized contracts
• Strong customer service skills
• Experienced in Word and Excel
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
110 State Street, 12th Floor
Notes on ApplyingInterested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com no later than July 20, 2018. Please reference Item # – 223GOER-JFP when responding.
When responding, please include the reference number and letters listed in this section. The VACANCY ID # should not be included.