Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
7 Wilbur Road
Minimum Qualifications 1. Must currently be a permanent Payroll Examiner 1;
2. Must be active and reachable on the Payroll Examiner 1 exam;
3. Qualified for provisional* appointment: Must have three months of permanent competitive or 55-b/55-c service as follows:
Either A: A Payroll Assistant, SG-9, or Payroll Assistant Trainee, SG-NS;
B: In a clerical, keyboarding, or paraprofessional** title allocated to Grade 9 or higher.
** Only paraprofessional titles in an office environment will be considered qualifying. Service in a direct care title is not qualifying
NOTE: Provisional appointments will only be considered if there are insufficient In-title and/or Civil Service List candidates.
Duties Description • Primary responsibility consists of PayServ data entry on a daily basis.
• Review transactions to determine appropriateness and accuracy of position information and personal and job data; and independently resolve any discrepancies with appropriate parties prior to transaction submission.
• Answer various types of communications (phone, e-mail, and letters) from employees and managers concerning general payroll topics and specific personal status issues and inquiries.
• Special projects assigned as needed.
• Other duties as assigned.
Details to be discussed at interview.
Additional Comments APPLICATION PROCEDURE: Submit cover letter and résumé by July 24, 2018, to:
DDSOO 4 – Hudson Valley
Human Resources Department
P.O. Box 470
7 Wilbur Road
Thiells, NY 10984
Phone: 845-947-6000, option 3, option 5
Please reference the above EOA # in all correspondence.
• For CSEA positions: Local Bidding Agreements will be honored.
• Preference will be given to OPWDD employees impacted by closures. If you are being impacted by closure, please indicate this on your resume/cover letter.
• All OPWDD employees must be eligible and maintain eligibility for full and unconditional participation in the Medicare and Medicaid programs. Continued employment will depend on maintaining eligibility.
• If you are employed by state government you may be able to receive loan forgiveness under the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program (PSLF). The PSLF Program forgives the remaining balance on Direct Loans after 120 qualifying monthly payments have been made under a qualifying repayment plan while working full-time for a qualifying employer. For more information on PSLF, please visit www.studentAid.gov/publicservice.
• OPWDD IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.