Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
44 Holland Avenue
Duties Description The New York State Office of Mental Health is recruiting to fill a Secretary 2, Grade 15 to work in the Division of Community Program Management & Managed Care, Adult Community Care Group. The incumbent will function as an assistant to the Associate Commissioner.
The incumbent will perform a variety of administrative support activities which will include, but not be limited to, the following:
• Manage the Associate Commissioner’s calendar scheduling and arranging meetings, conferences, and presentations.
• Communicate by phone, mail, email, fax, and in-person with a variety of individuals, including executive and program staff from OMH facilities, other State agencies, community providers, constituent groups, recipients, and families. Respond to questions or refer complex issues to appropriate staff.
• Transmit instructions from the Associate Commissioner and Bureau Directors to staff and monitor staff assignments.
• Review incoming correspondence and reports to determine their significance. Follow-up with appropriate program staff.
• Compile data and gather information to prepare correspondence, reports, forms, briefing materials, and other documents. Review final products for completeness and accuracy.
• Coordinate office procedures and tracking systems.
• Organize and maintain an extensive filing system, including computer files.
• Schedule, organize, coordinate, and attend a variety of meetings, conferences, teleconferences, and other events. Assemble and coordinate background materials for meetings and conferences. Prepare minutes as required and generate accurate, timely reports that outline discussion and identify next steps.
• Work on special projects, as assigned.
• Keep continuous knowledge of updated software to complete tasks
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
44 Holland Avenue
Notes on ApplyingTo be considered for this position, interested candidates should email a cover letter and resume in Microsoft Word or PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the title of the position and Vacancy ID #55127 in the subject line of your email when applying.
You are advised that, should you accept a job offer with the Office of Mental Health, you may be required to be fingerprinted and pay a fingerprint fee.