Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
Minimum Qualifications Eligible for a lateral transfer or a 70.1 transfer by having one year of permanent competitive service in an appropriate title*.
*In addition, candidates must be able to enter text at a rate of 30 words per minute corrected with at least 96% accuracy. Candidates must either provide documentation of their typing skills or pass a performance test before being considered for appointment.
NOTES: Candidates who are currently on the appropriate eligible list for the Secretary 1 in Albany need not submit an application for this posting unless they are applying directly as a result of the transfer qualifications listed above.
Duties Description This position is located within the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) Bureau, in Employment and Income Support Programs (EISP). Duties of the position will include, but not be limited to the following:
• Providing administrative support to the Bureau’s Director of Food and Nutrition such as editing and proofing a large volume of correspondence; opening and distributing mail, receiving and processing executive correspondence assignments from Deputy; monitoring and assigning emails, phone calls and other correspondence received from clients and social service districts and directing those calls and emails to the appropriate staff person;
• Answering Bureau Director phones, taking messages, directing calls accordingly;
• Assisting with the management of Bureau Director’s calendar and mail;
• Reviewing and tracking of incoming correspondence;
• Drafting responses where appropriate for Bureau Director Signature;
• Maintaining directory of contacts for Bureau correspondence;
• Preparing mailings, including mail merges;
• Reviewing and tracking outgoing Bureau correspondence, including gold slips and other agency correspondence;
• Assisting with forms related to travel, personnel, budget requests, and clearance processes;
• Assist with research background information as directed;
• Performing routine day to day tasks such as copying, mailing, distribution of material and completing routine forms; and
• Other tasks as assigned.
Additional Comments A full-time, permanent appointment will be made. You must be a current NYS employee to apply for this position. If certified by Civil Service, mandatory reemployment list candidates must be considered first for appointment to this title.
***Candidates should reference posting #18-138 when submitting your application.*** If submitting electronically, please reference posting #18-138 as part of your subject line.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Notes on ApplyingTo apply, please send a cover letter and resume. Include a current, Civil Service title and grade level and clearly state how you meet the minimum qualifications.
You may be required to provide acceptable proof of education, experience, credential and/or license to demonstrate that you meet the minimum qualifications for appointment to this position.
Applicants will be required to prove their eligibility for employment based upon acceptance of a position in accordance with the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986.
If you are a retiree currently receiving benefits, indicate this and the name of the retirement system in your response.
In accordance with state law, Governor’s Executive Order No. 6 and Section 504 of the Federal Rehabilitation Act of 1973, as amended, the NYS Office of Temporary and Disability Assistance does not discriminate against disabled individuals. If you are disabled and require reasonable accommodation at the time of the interview, please contact the Office of Equal Opportunity Development in Albany at (518) 473-8555 or in New York City at (212) 961-8216.