Minimum Qualifications Interested candidates must be reachable on the Secretary 2 eligible list or eligible to transfer under Section 70.1 of the Civil Service Law.
Eligible candidates must have one year of permanent competitive service in a qualifying title allocated to a grade 13 or higher. If the candidate is not currently incumbering, or has not previously held a keyboard or secretarial title, the candidate will be required to take and pass a typing proficiency exam to qualify for transfer
Duties Description Work with various Division of Legal Services staff to process a variety of legal documents for a variety of Unit functions (e.g., subpoenas, levies, executions, restraining notices, documents seeking to enforce money judgments, Freedom of Information Law [FOIL] requests and FOIL appeals, Human Rights matters and other confidential labor relations matters, College Tuition Savings Program materials, Court of Claims matters [including Eminent Domain proceedings, Liens]).
• Work with various staff within the division assigned to various subject-matter areas involving the above legal documents, gain a full understanding of the nature of such documents, the methods in which they must be processed, and accomplish the processing. This involves information gathering, proofreading, finalizing, scanning, filing and docketing, communicating with internal and external business units by phone and by email, and preparation and maintenance of correspondence, logs and spreadsheets.
Work with various staff to provide division wide support
• Track and coordinate the handling of incoming correspondence (including Executive Correspondence), staff performance evaluations and other routine assignments, prepare and proof read responses as requested.
• Maintain various protocols and procedures for assigned tasks.
• Maintain paper and electronic files.
• Screen calls, greet visitors, and open, date-stamp and deliver incoming mail.
• Serve as time-sheet processor (tracking staff attendance and requests for time off, auditing time sheets prior to approval by appropriate Unit Head).
Coordinate Meetings, Conferences, Training and Travel
• Work with various staff to schedule meetings.
• Plan conferences or staff attendance at conferences and training events, gathering materials as necessary.
• Coordinate travel arrangements and prepare travel vouchers.
Assistance with Front Office Coverage
• Assist Counsel to the Comptroller’s Secretary, other Division Secretaries and Administrative Support staff with phone/office coverage as needed.
Additional Comments DESIRED COMPETENCIES:
• Familiarity with Microsoft Outlook, Lotus Notes application capabilities, InterTrac, and Service Now.
• Familiarity with and strong skills in the use of Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, Power Point).
• Knowledge of office and secretarial practices and procedures.
• Good written and oral communication skills; detailed oriented.
• Ability to set priorities, manage deadlines, and work independently.
• Ability to establish effective working relationships with a variety of people at all levels of the organization.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
110 State Street, 12th Floor
Notes on ApplyingInterested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than July 23, 2018. Please reference Item # 02691– GOER-JDC when responding.
When responding, please include the reference number and letters listed in this section. The VACANCY # should not be included.