Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
888 Fountain Avenue
Minimum Qualifications • Must be currently permanent in the title of Licensed Master Social Worker 2.
• Must be active and reachable on the appropriate Civil Service eligible list
• Must be eligible for 70.1 transfer by way of current permanent status in a title deemed comparable by the NYS Department of Civil Service
Duties Description PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES WILL INCLUDE BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE FOLLOWING:
The Front Door is a key component to the core mission of our agency and is the hallmark of our transformation agenda. As such, this candidate’s primary function although related to the Front Door, will be the special cases. The ICFs in Brooklyn are just beginning to transition into IRAs and the candidate will be responsible for these cases.
• The candidate will be responsible for processing and monitoring all requests that require State Funding.
• The candidate’s caseload will include working with Forensic individuals transitioning to the community.
• The candidate will conduct Information Sessions in the Community to alleviate the huge demand for sessions.
• The candidate will be responsible for assigning EAAs to the Front Door Facilitator.
• The candidate will review and sign Level of Care processed by the Eligibility Coordinators.
• The candidates will also be responsible for Special assignments.
Additional Comments Please note:
• For CSEA positions: Local Bidding Agreements will be honored. Employees on long term leave can bid on positions but must be able to report to work within fourteen (14) days and be able to perform the essential functions of their positions with or without reasonable accommodation (RA). If an employee believes that he or she needs a reasonable accommodation, they should contact the NYS OPWDD Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Central Office at (518) 402-7644 or Email at Affirmative.Action@opwdd.ny.gov to obtain information and RA forms.
• Preference will be given to OPWDD employees impacted by closures. If you are being impacted by closure, please indicate this on your resume/cover letter.
• All OPWDD employees must be eligible and maintain eligibility for full and unconditional participation in the Medicare and Medicaid programs. Continued employment will depend on maintaining eligibility.
• OPWDD IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.