Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
Minimum Qualifications MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
Candidates must be reachable for appointment from the current Civil Service eligible list;
OR for Transfer Opportunity:
Candidates must have one year of permanent service as an Associate Psychologist and be eligible for lateral transfer; OR be in a title deemed appropriate for transfer via Section 70.1 of the Civil Service Law;
For Temporary Appointment:
Candidates must have a doctoral degree in a field of psychology; AND have completed a one year, full-time clinical internship or traineeship; OR one year of psychology experience in a clinical setting under the supervision of a Licensed Psychologist. Candidates must demonstrate on their application how they meet this qualification.
1. Non-qualifying degrees include, but are not limited to the following: education, educational psychology, educational counseling, guidance counseling, experimental psychology, industrial psychology, organizational psychology, student and personnel services, mental health counseling, human relations, etc.
2. Psychology experience in a clinical setting is considered to be any direct care experience with individuals, families, or groups in a hospital, clinic, private practice, or correctional setting under the supervision of a Licensed Psychologist. Qualifying experience must primarily include performing psychological evaluations or assessment tests, psychological diagnostic testing, developing psychological treatment plans, providing psychological counseling and treatment in one or more of the following areas: mental and/or emotional disorders, mental retardation, developmental disabilities, alcoholism, addictions, sex offender assessment and treatment, or forensic mental health.
3. The following experience is NOT considered qualifying: experience in administration, administrative services, administrative oversight, training, special education, behavior specialist, habilitation specialist, project management, research, or primarily supervisory experience. Other non-qualifying experience including, but is no limited to, experience in experimental psychology, research psychology, industrial psychology, organizational psychology, utilization review, guidance counseling, etc.
Associate Psychologist is a continuous recruitment examination. Candidates who are not on the eligible list may apply for this position and if appointed, will receive a temporary appointment. To apply for this examination, candidates must submit a completed NYS-APP form with their resume and cover letter. A NYS-APP form can be obtained by emailing NYS Department of Civil Service: email@example.com.
Candidates appointed temporary must receive a score that is reachable on the resulting eligible list before they can be permanently appointed. Candidates who are found not qualified or who do not receive a reachable score may not be retained.
Duties Description PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Duties include but are not limited to the following: functional assessments of behavior, risk and site assessments, lethality assessments, etc. Psychologist will be expected to summarize assessment results and, where appropriate, develop behavior support plans and train subordinate staff in their implementation. Behavioral tracking will also be expected for the purpose of treatment planning and advocacy at psychiatric visits. They may also provide counseling to individuals on an as-needed basis. Psychologists are also expected to present rights restrictions at behavior review committee with supporting documentation. It is expected that a flexible schedule be maintained, consistent with the individuals’ needs. Overall, the services described above are essential to the well-being of the Services are key to health and well-being of individuals. Assessment and treatment provided under article 16 would be billable.
Additional Comments PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS:
***Seeking a candidate with strong mental health background.
• This title may qualify for the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program. The Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) Program forgives the remaining balance on your Direct Loans after you have made 120 qualifying monthly payments under a qualifying repayment plan while working full-time for a qualifying employer. For information on the PSLF, please click on:
• Employees on long term leave can bid on positions but must be able to report to work within fourteen (14) days and be able to perform the essential functions of their positions with or without reasonable accommodation (RA). If an employee believes that he or she needs a reasonable accommodation, they should contact the NYS OPWDD Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Central Office at (518) 402-7644 or Email at Affirmative.Action@opwdd.ny.gov to obtain information and RA forms.
• For CSEA positions: Local Bidding Agreements will be honored.
• Preference will be given to OPWDD employees impacted by closures. If you are being impacted by closure, please indicate this on your resume/cover letter.
• All OPWDD employees must be eligible and maintain eligibility for full and unconditional participation in the Medicare and Medicaid programs. Continued employment will depend on maintaining eligibility.
• OPWDD IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Notes on ApplyingQualified candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to the Human Resources Office of the Western New York DDSO by the closing date indicated above. Please reference the above EOA # 18-480 in all correspondence.