Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
Minimum Qualifications Minimum Qualifications:
1. Transfer Eligibility Requirement: you must have a current permanent appointment with a minimum of 1 year of service in a position of the same title or transferable title. 2. Reassignment Requirement: You must hold the same title at the University at Buffalo. 3. Reinstatement Requirement: You must be a former state employee to request reinstatement to the title that was held (or transferable title).
•ALL APPLICANTS MUST MEET AT LEAST ONE OF THE ABOVE REQUIREMENTS. ANY APPLICATIONS RECEIVED THAT DO NOT MEET AT LEAST ONE OF THE ABOVE REQUIREMENTS WILL BE CONSIDERED UNQUALIFIED AND WILL BE DISCARDED. **
A completed application is required to be considered for this position. If you have received a canvass letter, DO NOT APPLY to this position. You must apply to the web address provided on your canvass letter.
Excellent oral and written communication skills; Demonstrated competence in Microsoft Office (creation/maintenance of spreadsheets and documents); i.e., Word, Excel, and databases. Attention to detail, accuracy, timeliness, and excellent customer service. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others; Ability to organize and maintain office files.
Duties Description Position Summary:
The Department of Sociology in the College of Arts and Sciences at the University at Buffalo is seeking a Secretary 1. This is a customer service oriented position and requires the incumbent to provide excellent customer service to various populations. Duties will include (but are not limited to):
• You will serve as administrative contact for graduate students from the time of application, during the admission cycle, acceptance, arrival and throughout the duration of their program of study to conferral.
• You will provide support to the Director of Graduate Studies (DGS), Department Chair, and Assistant to the Chair, in all aspects of student management and coordinating the Graduate Programs for the department.
• You will update student information in the appropriate university system, degree audit, assist directors with coordination of open house and other university or departmental functions, create course description booklets each semester advertising course offering, serve as point person for the revision of UB Undergraduate Catalog, and book student appointments with the director.
• Complete and submit tuition waivers for Teaching Assistants according to College and University timetables, ensuring no adverse fiscal action against the department.
• Update and maintain Teaching Assistants assignments and stipends in departmental files. Notify Teaching Assistants of their assignments and maintain graduate student mailboxes.
• Provide general office support such as, answering phones, mailing, copying, typing of letters, scheduling and processing of necessary departmental paperwork.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.