Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
Minimum Qualifications A current New York State employee eligible for transfer under Section 70.1 of the Civil Service Law.
Note: If you are on the examination eligible list for the position title in this location, you do not need to respond to this posting unless you are also eligible for transfer. Candidates must be reachable on the current eligible list for this title in order to be list appointed. Please respond to all eligible list canvasses received.
Duties Description Under the general direction of the Director of Lottery Security, the Investigator 2 will perform duties that include, but are not limited to the following:
• Conducts Lottery investigations into all complaints or matters of a complex or sensitive nature.
• Reviews the rules for the applicable Lottery games, promotions, raffles, and coupons and reviews policies regarding ticket generations, ticket validations, ticket cancellations, book activations, payout requirements, and ticket spiking.
• Determines if the Lottery transactions have been correctly processed and if the customer has been paid the correct prize amount.
• Analyzes and identifies the issues involved and decides the most appropriate strategies to be employed for case resolution based on Gaming Commission policies and procedures.
• Visits Lottery retailer locations, identifies licensed Lottery owners, interviews/interrogates all involved individuals, physically inspects all relevant areas of retailer location.
• Evaluates all witness statements, Lottery computer records & summary reports, background histories, and other evidence needed to resolve the issue.
• Coordinates and oversees investigations with relevant law enforcement departments, governmental agencies, and administrative hearing officials.
• Makes recommendation based upon a proper weighing of all evidence; presents the entirety of all complex and sensitive investigations to the Director of Lottery Security for review and appropriate action.
• Supervises Investigator(s) in the Schenectady office, oversees and implements training. Reviews casework and fieldwork of Investigators with input from the Director of Security.
• Any other necessary duties as determined by the Director of Lottery Security.
• Strong computer skills, including experiences using databases.
• Ability to interpret written communications from the public and others.
• Excellent written and verbal communications and interpersonal skills.
• Strong attention to detail and ability to meet deadlines.
• Must have a valid driver’s license or otherwise demonstrate the ability meet transportation requirements of the position.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
PO Box 7500
Notes on ApplyingThe NYS Gaming Commission has several vacancies for which we are currently recruiting. Please specify the title and Vacancy ID number in the subject line of your email or fax submission. Email submissions are preferred.
Please submit a cover letter and resume indicating that you are applying for Investigator 2 and include the Vacancy ID number. Please include your Civil Service title and clearly indicate how you meet the minimum qualifications for this position. Your Social Security Number may be required to confirm your eligibility.