Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
140 Old Orangeburg Road
Minimum Qualifications Possession of a license and current registration as a Clinical Laboratory Technologist in New York State; a bachelor’s degree in medical technology or a related field, or in one of the chemical, physical, or biological sciences; and six years of experience as a medical technologist in a clinical laboratory. Two years of this experience must have been in a clinical laboratory having a director at the doctoral level, and two years of this experience must have been in a supervisory capacity.
Substitution: A master’s degree in any of the fields described above may substitute for one year of non-supervisory experience. A doctoral degree in one of the chemical, physical, or biological sciences may substitute for two years of non-supervisory experience.
Duties Description The OMH Clinical Laboratory is a full service clinical laboratory, performing much of the routine lab work for Office of Mental Health (OMH) facilities. Specimens are collected at each facility, pre-processed, and transported via couriers to the OMH Clinical Laboratories. Once testing is complete and results verified, the reports are returned by computer. Testing is performed in the areas of hematology, chemistry, urinalysis, bacteriology, serology, and special chemistry.
Duties of the Laboratory Manager will include but not be limited to:
• Following the instructions of the Laboratory Director and coordinating with all facility and agency departments to conduct the laboratory business operations.
• Overseeing all day-to-day functions of the Clinical Laboratory.
• Working with department supervisors and assistant managers to organize and manage all aspects of the Clinical Laboratory.
• Participating with laboratory management and staff to develop policies and procedures and to implement those policies and procedures approved by the Laboratory Director.
• Supervision of all laboratory staff including technical, clerical, support, and maintenance personnel.
• Assuring compliance with regulatory agencies through evaluation of appropriate checklists and participating directly with inspectors as needed.
• Acting as liaison between the laboratory and various individual facility departments for a variety of medical and operational issues.
• Acting as liaison between the laboratory and Central Office departments.
Additional Comments Background Investigation/Justice Center Review: Prospective appointees will be: 1) Checked against the Staff Exclusion List (SEL) maintained by the Justice Center for the Protection of People with Special Needs. Prospective employees whose names appear on the SEL as having been found responsible for serious or repeated acts of abuse or neglect will be barred from appointment and may have their names removed from the eligible list(s) for the title(s) if applicable. 2) Investigated through a Criminal Background Check (CBC), which includes State and federal Criminal History Record Checks. All convictions must be reported; conviction of a felony or misdemeanor, or any falsified or omitted information on the prospective appointee’s employment application, may bar appointment or result in removal after appointment. Each case will be determined on its own merits, consistent with the applicable provisions of State and federal laws, rules, and regulations. Prospective employees will be fingerprinted in order to obtain a record of their criminal history information, and may be required to pay any necessary fees. 3) Screened against the Statewide Central Register of Child Abuse and Maltreatment (SCR). Prospective employees may be required to pay any necessary fees. Additionally, prospective employees whose names are indicated on the SCR may be barred from appointment.
Additional Comments: This position is eligible for a Downstate Adjustment of $3,026.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
140 Old Orangeburg Road