Minimum Qualifications Minimum Qualifications
A bachelor's degree and six years of professional level investment experience with an investment management organization, pension consultant or plan sponsor.
Three years of experience must include institutional private markets experience consisting of:
- Conducting market research, building industry relationships and sourcing primary fund private market investments.
- Analyzing, evaluating, recommending and monitoring primary fund, private market investments.
- Experience supervising and mentoring staff.
- Commitment to providing exceptional customer service
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to give and receive constructive feedback
- Effective analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to identify new efficiencies and or improvements to processes
- Conflict resolution skills
- Experience coordinating staff training and development
- Supervisory experience
- Experience with an investment management organization, pension consultant or plan sponsor
- Robust knowledge and understanding of the private markets industry
- Portfolio management experience
- Demonstrated ability to leverage network of contacts for sourcing and diligence of investment opportunities
- Experience serving on Limited Partner Advisory Boards
- Experience analyzing and evaluating primary fund/private market investments
- Experience making presentations and or investment recommendations to Boards or Investment Committees
- MBA or Master’s Degree
- CFA Charterholder
- CAIA Charterholder
- Experience with Microsoft Word
- Experience with Microsoft Power Point
- Experience with Microsoft Excel
- Public speaking experience
Duties Description Reporting to the Manager of Private Equity - Domestic and Manager of Private Equity - International, the Assistant Manager of Private Equity will participate in all aspects of the Private Equity group's activities. This includes strategic planning, portfolio construction, Internal Investment Committee and Board Committee meetings, sourcing and screening of investment opportunities, monitoring active fund investments, various administrative tasks, direct day to day supervision of junior staff and back office operations and other ad-hoc projects as needed.
The Private Equity department oversees both a private equity portfolio comprised of 226 partnerships with $20.9bn in aggregate commitments as well as a private debt portfolio with 22 partnerships with $1.6bn in aggregate commitments.
Additional Comments This position does not come under the jurisdiction of the Department of Civil Service. It comes under the Manager/Executive Plan. New appointees to Manager/Executive Plan positions must serve a one-year review period.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Notes on ApplyingTo be considered for this position please go to http://nystrs.peopleadmin.com/postings/1550.
You will complete the application there. Please note that resumes will not be accepted as a substitute, in whole or part, for a completed application.