Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
Minimum Qualifications Minimum Qualifications
High School diploma or equivalent plus three years relevant work experience. Must possess a valid driver’s license.
Associate's degree in Business Administration or related field plus one year work experience. Must possess a valid driver’s license.
• Good oral and written communications skills.
• Demonstrated organizational skills and ability to prioritize.
• Strong interpersonal skills.
• Demonstrated ability to work independently.
• Basic understanding and application of technique practices, tools, materials, and equipment in the trades of plumbing, electrical, masonry, carpentry, and painting.
• Knowledge of PC applications such as Microsoft Office, Excel, Word and Access.
Duties Description Primary Purpose
The Building Services Assistant performs a variety of clerical, administrative, messenger, chauffeur and building maintenance functions in support of the services provided by the Building Services Unit.
• Assist in the cleaning of offices, kitchens, restrooms and other interior spaces, furniture, equipment, floors, carpets, blinds, walls, light fixtures, ceilings, and windows.
• Assist with the maintenance of the building landscape by mowing and trimming the lawn and hedges, removing leaves, pruning trees, exterminating pests, washing windows, removing snow and salting walkways.
• Assist with maintaining the grounds equipment.
• Assist with building renovation and repair activities such as plumbing, electrical, heating and ventilation, painting and decorating work.
• Assist with moving and assembling furniture, moving equipment, file cabinets, boxes, etc. within office, from parking lot or loading dock, or to and from field sites as necessary.
• Collect recyclable paper from cubicles, offices, printers, and fax locations.
• Provide transportation services; monitor electronic requests for pickup and delivery services and perform as scheduled and on an as needed basis.
• Maintain filing system of messenger trip receipts.
• Assist with the archiving of DASNY records.
• Assist with the management and maintenance of DASNY’s fleet vehicles, including the planning, organization and implementation of vehicle usage, inspection of vehicles, road testing and consultation/negotiation with automotive repair service providers.
• Administer the process of providing office supplies, materials, and equipment to all DASNY staff including maintaining the inventory, restocking and distribution of supplies.
• Order supplies, confirm delivery and ensure accuracy of orders, restock and distribute supplies
• Pick up, sort, process, and distribute all incoming mail and packages.
• Process UPS, Federal Express, and USPS Express Mail using a computerized shipping system.
• Process requests for travel in accordance with DASNY policies and procedures, arranging for hotels, air fare, rental vehicles or train tickets.
• Act as liaison with outside travel agent and hotels.
• Coordinate with Information Services to maintain the travel database.
• Assist in the design, development, modification and maintenance of unit systems applications.
• Review invoices, correspondence and other documents for accuracy and completeness.
• Draft routine correspondence, prepare reports and maintain statistical data.
• Schedule and arrange meetings.
• Prepare conference rooms for meetings, including setting up and moving wall partitions and furniture.
• Assist in the maintenance of departmental operating budgets.
• Track tenant budgets and expenditures and provide tenants with reports.
• Review, verify, record, process and/or reconcile data.
• Develop, prepare, and/or maintain various spreadsheets, databases, charts, logs, reports, etc.
• Prepare correspondence, forms letters, forms and other documents as necessary.
• Research information, compile data and prepare findings as requested.
Other Duties and Responsibilities
• Assist other staff with building maintenance tasks and provide backup as needed.
• May be called upon to perform duties in emergency situations, e.g., when DASNY facilities are affected by fire, severe weather or criminal acts.
• Undertake special assignments as directed.
• Must maintain regular attendance in accordance with DASNY attendance and leave policies.
• Must adhere to the NYS Information Security Policy Standards established and issued by the Office of Cyber Security and Critical Infrastructure Coordination. (Standards can be found on the Intranet).
Additional Comments Supervision
Requires travel using public transportation, DASNY vehicle, rental vehicle, or personal vehicle. This travel may include overnight stays at public accommodations and related establishments. Overtime or extended work hours may be required. Requires exposure to weather and temperature extremes, loud noises, heights (climbing ladders, etc.). Requires physical mobility (movement from place to place), physical strength, dexterity, and coordination. Requires the ability to lift at least 50 pounds. May require endurance (prolonged physical activity with limited opportunity to rest). Must be available to occasionally work a modified work schedule or extended workday hours.
Standard office environment, including the use of one or more of the following: PC, telephone, fax machine, printer, copier, electronic stapler/hole punch/date stamp, shredder. May require the use of a snow blower, jlg lift, hand tools, lawn mowers, trimmers and other equipment.
DASNY is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer committed to excellence and diversity.
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.