Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
620 Westfall Road
Minimum Qualifications MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
Seven years of professional experience in a human services program providing occupational guidance to disadvantaged youth or individuals with intellectual and/or developmental disabilities, one year of which must have been at a supervisory level.
An Associate’s degree in any field may substitute for two years of professional experience described above; OR a Bachelor’s degree in any field may substitute for four years of professional experience described above. Regardless of any substitution, all candidates must have a least one year of qualifying experience at a supervisory level.
Duties Description PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Employment and Meaningful Community Activities Bureau is responsible for a multitude of initiatives including: Employment Training Program, Innovations in Employment Supports Training, Pathway to Employment, Community Pre-Voc and other vocational initiatives.
Duties of this position include, but are not limited to the following:
• Developing, managing and coordinating the Employment and Training Program in Finger Lakes and Broome.
• Coordinating the ETP application process in Finger Lakes and Broome on behalf of Central Office.
• Supervising the Employment Training Program Supervisors in Finger Lakes and Broome.
• Increasing the number of high school students participating in ETP through presentations and meetings.
• Representing Employment and Meaningful Community Activities at provider meetings.
• Working as the Employment and Meaningful Community Activities representative with the Regional Office for Supported Employment, Pathway to Employment, and Pre-vocational services.
• Scheduling and attending provider meetings to monitor ETP and discuss provider plans for employment and pre-employment services.
• Preparing reports and analyzing employment outcomes.
• Coordinating Innovations Trainings for the Region as required.
Additional Comments Please note:
• Preference will be given to OPWDD employees impacted by closures. If you are being impacted by closure, please indicate this on your resume/cover letter.
• In order to be eligible for appointment and to maintain employment, you cannot be listed as an excluded individual or entity on any of the Federal and/or State Medicaid and Medicare exclusion lists (or excluded from any other Federal or Federally assisted program). If you are appointed and subsequently listed as an excluded individual or entity on any of these lists (or excluded from any other Federal or Federally assisted program), you may be terminated from your employment.
• OPWDD is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
44 Holland Avenue
Notes on ApplyingOTHER: Appointment to this position is pending Division of Budget approval.
Submit cover letter indicating how you meet the minimum qualifications and résumé by August 13, 2018. Please reference the above EOA # 2018-105 in all correspondence.