Minimum Qualifications Grade 18
A bachelor’s degree or higher in Accounting, Business Administration Economics, Finance, Mathematics, Statistics, Engineering or in a closely related field, and two years of professional investment experience.
Qualifying experience includes:
Investment-related duties reflecting a fundamental knowledge of the financial markets and an understanding of the economic forces that impact the financial markets, or analysis of financial or economic data; investment risk or portfolio management; investment operations; investment compliance, investment auditing, investment accounting, and quantitative analysis.
Commercial real estate investing (investment acquisitions or asset management) or commercial mortgage lending, specifically involving the financing, investing in, leasing of, or asset management of large commercial real estate assets (generally properties worth $10 million or more);
Non-qualifying experience includes: Activities applicable to small commercial properties (e.g., two to four family homes), the sale or brokerage of single-family homes, or experience marketing or selling financial service products to individuals, as performed by financial advisors and stockbrokers.
Substitutions: Successful completion of all three levels of the CFA exam may substitute for two years of experience; a Chartered Alternative Investment Analyst (CAIA) designation, a Certified Commercial Investment Member (CCIM), a Member of the Appraisal Institute (MAI), or a Certified Public Accountant (CPA) may substitute for one year of experience; and a master’s degree in Business Administration concentrating in Finance or a closely related concentration may substitute for two years of experience.
Duties Description Under the supervision of higher level staff/management, the incumbent will perform the following duties:
- Participate in the analysis of direct equity investment opportunities
- Participate in the analysis of commingled fund investment opportunities
- Participate in property and market site inspections related to investment opportunities
- Maintain the deal pipeline and manage the transfer of closed investments from acquisitions to asset management
- Assist in the preparation and submission of written investment recommendations to IIC, REAC and the Board
- Participate in presentations on investment opportunities/pipeline to IIC, REAC and the Board
- Attend advisory board meetings as needed
- Attend conferences, conventions and meetings as necessary to stay abreast of industry trends and establish/maintain business relationships
- Perform other duties as requested, including, but not limited to, asset management and loan origination/servicing functions
- Travel required
Additional Comments Preferred Skills
- Critical thinking skills
- Ability to work in a team environment, providing and accepting input/feedback on transactions
- Previous real estate experience and knowledge
- Previous financial analysis experience
- Computer literacy including familiarity with Microsoft products
- Commitment to providing exceptional customer service
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Master’s degree in Accounting, Business Administration, Economics, Finance, Mathematics, Statistics, Engineering or in a closely related field
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.