Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
2445 State Route 30
Minimum Qualifications MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
Two years of experience in mechanical work under the supervision of a skilled trades worker or completion of an appropriate two-year technical school course.
Duties Description POSITION DESCRIPTION:
Perform routine tasks in the repair, maintenance and servicing of automotive and mechanical equipment such as a service and adjustment of hydraulic brakes, replacement of wheel bearings and the removal and replacement of such components as starters, fuel pumps, water pumps, gas tanks, carburetors, exhaust system components, shock absorbers, springs and radiators.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Completes minor engine repairs according to manufacturer’s specifications.
• Performs preventive maintenance inspections of vehicles and equipment following preventive maintenance schedules to ensure safe and trouble-free performance.
• Following specific instructions, incumbents assist journeymen in making major mechanical repairs by performing such tasks as disassembling and assembling engines, engine components or mechanical equipment, cleaning parts and inspecting them for wear.
• Per operating manuals and specific instructions, make repairs and perform routine service and preventive maintenance inspections on a variety of mechanical equipment such as lawn mowers, generators, snow blowers and trimmers to ensure efficient operation. Cleans or replaces defective parts, makes adjustments to equipment, lubricates moving parts, checks and fills hydraulic units.
• May perform welding using mig or stick welding equipment not requiring complex planning and layout or the use of special procedures.
• Will utilize electronic diagnostic tools to identify computer controlled sensor problems.
• Required to perform snow removal on roadways and parking lots as necessary during winter months.
• May lead vocational training programs while teaching program participants the skills necessary to perform oil changes, do automotive detailing and to repair small engines such as lawnmowers.
• Must be a role model and exhibit professional demeanor.
• May be asked to drive a variety of motor vehicles to transport people, material and equipment as required.
• Other duties as assigned.
NOTE: 1. Candidates must document their experience and only those candidates who meet the qualification may be called for an interview. Vagueness and omissions will not be interpreted in the candidate’s favor. Candidates may be asked to demonstrate their knowledge, skills and abilities at the interview.
2. Candidates will be required to obtain Class B, C.D.L. with air brake endorsement within 90 days of appointment and will be able to use a state truck for the road test.
Additional Comments Please note:
• For CSEA positions: Local Bidding Agreements will be honored.
• Preference will be given to OPWDD employees impacted by closures. If you are being impacted by closure, please indicate this on your resume/cover letter.
• All OPWDD employees must be eligible and maintain eligibility for full and unconditional participation in the Medicare and Medicaid programs. Continued employment will depend on maintaining eligibility.
• OPWDD IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER.
• Position may be eligible for Loan Forgiveness via the Public Service Loan Forgiveness program:
• For more information on PSLF, please visit www.studentAid.gov/publicservice
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.