Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
Minimum Qualifications Candidates reachable on the Civil Service Eligible list(s) will be canvassed. However, you may also apply if you are eligible for appointment by one of the following qualifications:
70.1 TRANSFER QUALIFICATIONS: An employee with one year permanent, competitive service as a Higher Education Services Program Analyst 3, Grade 23 is eligible to apply for 70.1 transfer.
52.6 TRANSFER QUALIFICATIONS: Current New York State employee with one year or more of permanent, contingent-permanent or 55 b/c service in a position allocated to a Grade 21 or above and eligible for transfer under Section 52.6 of the Civil Service Law.
Note: A comprehensive list of titles approved for transfer to Associate Administrative Analyst is available through GOT-IT at www.cs.ny.gov.
Duties Description The Associate Administrative Analyst will supervise the Internal Controls unit and coordinate organizational studies and the review, analysis, evaluation, development and/or revision of agency policies and procedures. The incumbent will:
• serve as the Department’s Internal Control Officer responsible for implementing and managing the internal control responsibilities established for NYSDOL. This will include reviewing internal control practices within every Division at NYSDOL to ensure overall agency compliance with the NYS Internal Control Act, as well as any related legislative, executive and administrative mandates and directives
• prepare and certify annual internal control reporting requirements
• implement internal control education for NYSDOL staff/managers and ensure agency policies and procedures related to internal controls are effectively communicated
• provide consultative support to agency managers to assist them in meeting internal control requirements
• work cooperatively with Internal Control Officers from other agencies in order to stay abreast of new/emerging internal control techniques and practices
• identify internal control weaknesses and implement effective solutions, as appropriate
• represent the Department on internal control matters with external organizations, such as the NYS Internal Control Association
• establish cooperative liaisons to further enhance the agency’s ability to learn of best practices for possible implementation at the NYSDOL
• participate in additional agency projects as determined by executive management
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Harriman State Campus, Building 12, Room 561
Notes on ApplyingTo be considered for this position, interested applicants should e-mail a cover letter and resume in Microsoft Word or PDF format to email@example.com. Please include the title, location and vacancy ID #56659 you are applying for in the subject line of your e-mail. Failure to do so may result in the delay of processing your application. In order to qualify you for the position, when you have current or prior New York State employment, you may be contacted by the NYSDOL Personnel Bureau for your social security number to confirm your employment history.