Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
Minimum Qualifications Minimum Qualifications:
Bachelor’s degree, successful completion of at least five (5) examinations from the Casualty Actuarial Society and five years of actuarial experience. Candidates must complete and submit the Application for Examination appropriate for this position. The Application for Examination may be accessed through the following link: https://www.cs.ny.gov/extdocs/pdf/20-113.pdf.
Please see the NYS Department of Civil Service examination announcement linked below for additional notes regarding these qualifications:
Preferred qualifications include candidate to be an Associate or Fellow of the Casualty Actuarial Society (ACAS or FCAS) and a Member of the American Academy of Actuaries (MAAA).
Duties Description Illustrative Duties:
The Supervising Actuary Casualty will report to the Chief Actuary and will be responsible for performing the following duties which may include but will not be limited to:
• Lead the actuarial rate making process working with underwriting and senior management to develop sound rates and pricing recommendations;
•Conduct internal rate-level reviews and analyze impact of latest industry loss cost filings;
• Estimate pricing parameters for large accounts as well as monitor large account pricing model and retrospective rating plan parameters;
• Perform segment profitability analysis to identify trends;
• Identify leading indicators and ensure proper overall pricing;
• Analyze proposed new products and provide Executive Staff with sound analysis for the basis of Executive level decision making;
• Advise and assist business partners with actuarial and mathematical techniques and complete analytical assignment to support business decision making;
• Provide actuarial guidance in support of NYSIF’s predictive modeling initiatives;
• Represent the Fund on actuarial committees;
• Testify as an expert witness before the Workers’ Compensation Board; AND
• Oversee the management of staff which includes clarify job responsibilities and performance expectations, establish goals and job competencies, identify skill gaps, create development plans, coach and mentor on a continuous basis and evaluate performance.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Notes on ApplyingPlease include the position title and vacancy id number on your cover letter. Candidates should include a resume, exam application/supplemental questionnaire: (https://www.cs.ny.gov/extdocs/pdf/20-113.pdf) to the following:
The New York State Insurance Fund Attn: Human Resources
15 Computer Drive West Albany, NY 12205
E-Mail address: email@example.com