Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
Minimum Qualifications Open to NYS employees with one year of permanent competitive service as a Project Manager 1, G-23 or in a position at the G-21 level or above deemed administrative under Section 52.6 of the Civil Service Law. The transfer cannot be a second consecutive transfer resulting in an advancement of more than two salary grades.
• Well-Versed in MS Project, PowerPoint, Visio, SharePoint and other MS Office Suite Applications
• Experience in ServiceNow (ITSM);
• Self-motivated with great communication (written/verbal), leadership, negotiation, and problem-solving skills.
• Strong-interest and advocacy of Project/Portfolio Management
Duties Description Under the direction of Project Manager 2, the Project Manager 1 will be assigned to the Project Management Shared Services (PMSS) within the Business Services division. The incumbent will manage and lead all assigned standalone projects of small or medium complexity and may manage a component/sub-project of a larger/more complex project utilizing Formal PM Methodology & Standards throughout the project life cycle. The incumbent will reach out to the Project Sponsor to identify, confirm and assemble the project team upon assignment of a project. Specific duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Develop and manage Project Scope Documents including working closely with and leading the project team in gaining their input to ensure the Project Scope is well defined and documented;
• Present the Project Scope to Project Sponsors’ (ITS/Client) and secure approvals;
• Work closely with the business/technical/architectural subject matter experts (SMEs) in their documentations of the business, technical & architectural requirements documents/diagrams for the project;
• Assist the SMEs as needed and provide constructive feedback to ensure that requirements are well written, clear/concise and approved by the client;
• Develop and manage the Project Schedule utilizing MS Project;
• Work closely with and lead the project team in gaining their input to ensure the Project Schedule accurately establishes the critical path, milestones, deliverable, dependencies/constraints;
• Present the Project Schedule to Project Sponsors’ (ITS/Client) and secure approvals;
• Develop the Project Budget (Cost Plan) in ITSM, and presents and secure Project Sponsors’ (ITS/Client) approval;
• Develop and manage the Project Management Plans (e.g., Communications, Quality, Risk, Issue, Change, Resource, etc.) and Logs/Registers (e.g., Issue and Risk), and present plan to the project team/stakeholders ensuring adherence throughout the project life cycle.
• Organize, lead and facilitate project meetings, document and distribute meeting material and outcomes, and monitors all action items to completion;
• Perform the following based on the established Project Management Plan: stakeholder analysis; project reporting of status, issues, risks, others to stakeholders; project change requests; issues/risks escalation/resolution;
• Perform accurate and timely updates of assigned projects in ITSM 2.0 to ensure project data quality and integrity;
• Perform special assignments and projects as requested to support PMSS and ITS needs.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Empire State Plaza, PO Box 2062
Notes on ApplyingTo apply for this position, please submit a cover letter and resume and indicate that you are applying for the position of Project Manager 1, Ref. #16055. Please clearly indicate how you meet the minimum qualifications for this position. Your Social Security number may be required to confirm your eligibility.