Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
Minimum Qualifications MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
Transfer: Currently a permanent Nurse 1
Candidates must be licensed and currently registered to practice nursing in New York State, possess a limited permit to practice nursing in New York State, or be eligible to enter the examination for such license. You must obtain your NYS license within one year of the date of appointment or action will be taken to remove you from the position.
Duties Description PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Direct nursing activities, including the preparation, evaluation and implementation of nursing care plans to insure quality patient care and the development of staff. Provide direct nursing care in the areas of health maintenance, nutrition, actives of daily living, and the treatment and prevention of illness.
• Perform Nursing assessments.
• Develop detailed nursing care plans.
• Participate in the ITT process.
• In-service training of staff.
• Administer and supervise effective infection control procedures.
• Direct provision of a wide range of nursing interventions.
• Accurately administer medications and strong health assessment skills.
• Respond effectively to medical emergencies.
• Formulate and implement plans for health teaching/counseling of consumers and training of staff.
PROMOTIONAL OPPORTUNITIES: Anyone currently reachable on the Civil Service List.
PROVISIONAL APPOINTMENTS: If there is not a valid eligible list, candidates who meet the qualifications may be qualified for a provisional appointment:
Note: If you are appointed provisionally, you must take the next scheduled Civil Service examination for this title and your score must be reachable on the resulting eligible list before you can be permanently appointed. If you do not pass the examination or achieve a reachable score, you may not be retained.
Additional Comments Please note:
• Preference will be given to OPWDD employees impacted by closures. If you are being impacted by closure, please indicate this on your resume/cover letter.
• All OPWDD employees must be eligible and maintain eligibility for full and unconditional participation in the Medicare and Medicaid programs. Continued employment will depend on maintaining eligibility.
• OPWDD IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
• Position may be eligible for Loan Forgiveness via the Public Service Loan Forgiveness program:
• For more information on PSLF, please visit www.studentAid.gov/publicservice
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
249 Glenwood Road
Notes on ApplyingSHIFT/PASS DAYS: Variable
Please note that starting salary for this title reflects the geographic pay differential.
$52,455 - $65,028 - Posted Hiring Salary includes the sum of the statutory hiring rate for PS&T Grade 14 ($45,455), and Geographic Differential ($7,000). Geographic Differential added to the job rate ($58,028) for the PS&T Grade 14
Submit cover letter and résumé by, June 28, 2019. Please reference the Nurse 1 title in all correspondence.