Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
Minimum Qualifications Candidates are required to possess a valid New York State driver license appropriate for the type of vehicle to be operated. Candidates may be required to possess a CDL Class A, B, C or General Class D license. Please see Operating Needs under Duties section for specific license required.
Pursuant to the Federal Omnibus Transportation Act, pre-employment drug and alcohol testing will be required. Once appointed to/selected for the position, random drug and alcohol testing will be required.
Duties Description Duties may include, but not be limited to the following:
• Operate and drive Mail Center vehicles on a variety of assigned mail runs and/or freight requests.
• Retrieve, sort, and distribute mail and freight for various State Agencies throughout the Capital District and New York State.
• Record certified and CDR mail by obtaining signatures using electronic handheld devices upon pickup and delivery.
• Receive, cross reference, and deliver bar-coded packages using electronic package tracking system.
• Process, package, and label UPS outgoing mail for shipment using UPS WorldShip System.
• Operate Pitney Bowes inserting machines.
• Assist with office moves involving assorted types of furniture throughout NYS.
• Interact with customers and colleagues in a courteous and professional manner.
• Answer phone inquiries and accurately relay messages accordingly.
• Set up, load and unload vehicles on assigned runs in an effective and timely manner.
• Ensure vehicle is clean and well maintained, and repairs brought to the attention of a supervisor.
• Work in the Mail Center at such times that deliveries are not required.
• Perform tasks in an efficient, timely, and safe manner.
• Perform other duties as required.
• Possess and maintain a valid Class B New York State motor vehicle operator’s license with air brake endorsement. Please provide a copy of your Driver's License when applying to this position.
• Must be able to drive a truck with standard transmission.
• Must be able to bend, lift, stand, and walk for long periods of time.
• Must be able to lift a minimum of 70 pounds.
• Must be able to operate a variety of materials handling equipment such as manual and electric pallet jacks.
• Availability may be required for emergency response situations 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Shift: 8 hour shift; 08:00a.m – 04:00p.m
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
31st Floor Corning Tower, Empire State Plaza
Notes on ApplyingPlease submit cover letter along with a clear and concise resume detailing how you meet the minimum qualifications for this position as listed in Specifics and indicate the Title and Vacancy ID number for which you are applying.