Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
Duties Description The NYS Department of Tax and Finance is actively recruiting
temporary employees for January-May 2019. 60 credit hours of
college level coursework or 1 year of clerical support experience in a
customer service environment preferred.
Under the direct supervision of a Taxpayer Service Representative 2, duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Open mail and prepare tax returns for processing
• Process payments for daily bank deposits.
• Resolve routine problems and issues.
• Receive, screen, review, and verify documents.
• Sort and distribute documents, keep appropriate records, and redirect documents as necessary.
• Establish new files by numbering forms, coding, preparing file folders, and compiling relevant material.
Update and correct records and files.
• Create routine reports, (e.g., personal and unit production, or assist in
preparation of reports by gathering data, tabulating results,
preparing simple charts).
• Operate office machinery, including photocopiers, calculators, computer printers, and scanners.
• Enter and/or retrieve information from computer databases.
• Communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
• Create materials, including, but not limited to letters/memorandums, emails, and spreadsheets using various computer software
• Research and resolve errors and omissions on tax
• Comprehend complex agency and program policies and
• Perform other related duties as required
Additional Comments Positions are available at our Wade Road facility in Latham, NY and at the W.A. Harriman Campus in Albany, NY. The schedule for the positions are Sunday-Thursday or Monday-Friday.
The position is expected to last less than six months and are anticipated to start in January/February 2019. All successful candidates must be fully compliant with all Federal, State and Local Tax Laws, which includes being current with their Tax Return Filings. Fingerprinting is required as part of the background check prior to appointment.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Notes on ApplyingInterested candidates must complete and submit an applicant history form and temporary position supplement form (resumes are optional) located on our public website at: https://www.tax.ny.gov/about/empopps/default.htm If completing by mail, completed forms must be mailed to: NYS Department of Taxation and Finance OHRM Personnel Unit W.A. Harriman State Office Campus, Bldg. 9, Room 256 Albany, NY 12227