Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
Minimum Qualifications Current Division of Homeland Security & Emergency Services employee with permanent, contingent-permanent or 55b/c service as a Disaster Preparedness Program Representative 3 and interested in reassignment; OR current New York State employee with one year or more of permanent, contingent-permanent or 55b/c service as a Disaster Preparedness Program Representative 3; OR current New York State employee with one year or more of permanent, contingent-permanent or 55b/c service as an Agency Emergency Management Coordinator and eligible for transfer under Section 70.1 of the Civil Service Law.
Individuals with current 55b/c eligibility with seven years of military or civilian experience in emergency management to include two or more of the following activities: operations, recovery, or response planning.
Substitution: A bachelor's degree may substitute for up to four years of experience. An associate's degree may substitute for up to two years of experience.
Important! Experience performing only EMT, firefighter, police office, or other first responder activity is NOT considered qualifying experience. Experience as a correction officer is NOT considered qualifying experience.
Employees reachable on the Disaster Preparedness Program Representative 3 Civil Service eligible list will be canvassed and should not respond to this posting. This vacancy posting is for the purposes of notifying individuals about transfer opportunities.
NOTE: A comprehensive list of titles approved for transfer to Disaster Preparedness Program Representative 3 is available in the Division of Human Resources Management or through Civil Service GOT-IT available at www.cs.ny.gov.
Duties Description Under the supervision and direction of the OEM Director or his/her designee, duties will include, but not be limited to, the following:
• The incumbent may be responsible for managing the development and improvement of the emergency management and disaster preparedness plans with county emergency management officials, local government, and local public officials.
• The incumbent may assess the training needs of State and local agencies and other organizations that support the State’s emergency management efforts.
• Conduct and/or facilitate the delivery of emergency management related training, both locally and regionally across the State.
• Participate in the development and coordination of a Statewide, comprehensive training and exercise plan. The incumbent will plan, design, and evaluate the curriculum for training programs, as well as organize, develop, conduct, and review major training and development programs to improve performance of agency operations.
• Support day to day functions in the emergency operations center, as well as during times of emergency and disaster from the State Emergency Operations Center, State field offices and/or county/local deployments.
• Provide technical planning assistance to State and local government agencies in the development of disaster preparedness and emergency response plans.
• The incumbent will coordinate and provide logistical support during State and local emergencies.
*Work schedule may vary based on operational needs. Travel will be required.
Additional Comments NOTE: Support of operations during times of emergency and disaster from State Emergency Operations Center (EOC), state field offices and/or local deployments may be required, which would result in a change and/or increase in working hours, locations and/or duties.
**Work schedule may vary based on operational need.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
31st Floor Corning Tower, Empire State Plaza
Notes on ApplyingPlease submit cover letter along with a clear and concise resume detailing how you meet the minimum qualifications for this position as listed in Specifics and indicate the Vacancy ID number for which you are applying.