Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
12 School Street
Minimum Qualifications Candidates must be:
1. Permanent service as a Habilitation Specialist 1, OR;
2. Eligible to 70.1 transfer to a Habilitation Specialist 1 title, OR;
3. Reachable on the current Civil Service List for Habilitation Specialist 1.
4. Provisional appointment will be considered if there are no other qualified candidates. To be eligible for provisional appointment pending exam, candidates must meet the qualifications as described on the GOT-IT website.
Duties Description POSITION DESCRIPTION:
Work with individuals with developmental disabilities to help them lead richer lives. You would instruct and guide these individuals in developing basic learning and self-help skills, as well as communication, community, and prevocational skills. In addition, helping individuals reach their optimal level of functioning by assisting in goal setting, assisting in the development and evaluation of habilitation plans consistent with Service Plans, and monitoring and recording individual progress. May also instruct and observe direct care staff in employing appropriate strategies with individuals consistent with their habilitation plans.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Develop program and plan activities for assigned groups.
• Review ongoing performance data.
• Provide and/or assist staff in carrying out services and activities.
• Provides guidance and training to direct care staff in the implementation of goals and service plans; and may supervise direct care staff in implementing those plans.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Specifics of assignment to be discussed during interview.
Additional Comments Please note:
• For CSEA positions: Local Bidding Agreements will be honored.
• All OPWDD employees must be eligible and maintain eligibility for full and unconditional participation in the Medicare and Medicaid programs. Continued employment will depend on maintaining eligibility.
• OPWDD IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
• Employees on long term leave can bid on positions but must be able to report to work within fourteen (14) days and be able to perform the essential functions of their positions with or without reasonable accommodation (RA). If an employee believes that he or she needs a reasonable accommodation, they should contact the NYS OPWDD Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Central Office at (518) 402-7644 or Email at Affirmative.Action@opwdd.ny.gov to obtain information and RA forms.
• OPWDD participates in Federal Loan Forgiveness Programs. For more information go to: www.studentaid.ed.gov/publicservice.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Notes on ApplyingAPPLICATION PROCEDURE:
Submit Response to Posting form, cover letter, and résumé by August 14, 2018 to:
Broome DDSOO Human Resources Office
249 Glenwood Road
Binghamton, NY 13905
Please reference EOA #180814A in all correspondence.