Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
249 Glenwood Road
Minimum Qualifications • Must currently be permanent in the title of Social Work Assistant 3, OR
• Must be active and reachable on the appropriate Civil Service eligible list, OR
• Must be eligible for 70.1 transfer by way of current permanent status in a title deemed comparable by the NYS Department of Civil Service.
FOR PROVISIONAL APPOINTMENT
• Must possess a Master’s degree in Social Work from a regionally accredited college or university, OR
A Bachelor’s degree in Social Work and one year of post bachelor’s experience in Social Work, OR
A Bachelor’s degree or higher in a human service area and two years of post-bachelor’s experience in Social Work.
Duties Description POSITION DESCRIPTION:
The primary responsibility of the person in this position will be to assume a role in the coordination of Family Care Homes across the DDSOO. Responsibilities include ensuring that all program and any environmental requirements related to the Family Care home are being met and maintained. This staff person also ensures that fiscal and other provider needs and concerns are addressed and are met consistent with the needs of the individual(s) in the home. They will report to the Family Care Coordinator for the Broome DDSOO, and will conduct sight visits, complete special projects, and other duties as assigned.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Develop and maintain a good understanding and knowledge of the Family Care Program including but not limited to regulatory requirements (part 635), protection of individuals receiving services (part 633), reportable incidents (part 624), Mental Hygiene Law Access to Clinical Records (Article 33§16), and the Home and Community Based Services waiver.
• Develop and maintain an understanding of the Family Care Policy Manual, and understand the role and responsibilities of the treatment team, including the Home Liaison, TTL, Community Mental Health Nurse, and Medicaid Service Coordinator in the family care home, participate or assist in revising the Family Care manual as assigned.
• Possess good interpersonal skills, good oral and written communication skills, and good listening skills.
• Must maintain confidentiality, and be capable of dealing with diverse personalities.
• Must conduct site visits across the DDSOO’s six-county catchment area, ensuring the safety of the individuals, and that they are accepted, that their rights are not being violated and that proper documentation is occurring.
• Must be able to evaluate the Family Care Provider’s skills and ability and report issues/concerns as necessary.
• Must be able to communicate to the Family Care Coordinator on any issues within the Family Care Home that may compromise the operation of the home.
• Participates in meetings as assigned.
• Advocates for the health, safety, and emotional well-being of individuals in Family Care Homes.
• Other duties as assigned.
Additional Comments • All OPWDD employees must be eligible and maintain eligibility for full and unconditional participation in the Medicare and Medicaid programs. Continued employment will depend on maintaining eligibility.
• OPWDD IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
• Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor’s Office of Employee Relations at (518) 474-6988 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Employees on long term leave can bid on positions but must be able to report to work within fourteen (14) days and be able to perform the essential functions of their positions with or without reasonable accommodation (RA). If an employee believes that he or she needs a reasonable accommodation, they should contact the NYS OPWDD Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Central Office at (518) 402-7644 or Email at Affirmative.Action@opwdd.ny.gov to obtain information and RA forms.
• OPWDD participates in Federal Loan Forgiveness Programs. For more information go to: www.studentaid.ed.gov/publicservice.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Notes on ApplyingAPPLICATION PROCEDURE:
Submit Response to Posting form, cover letter, and résumé by August 14, 2018 to:
Broome DDSOO Human Resources Office
249 Glenwood Road
Binghamton, NY 13905
Please reference EOA #180814C in all correspondence.