Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
213 Tracy Creek
Minimum Qualifications Candidates must be current in title, eligible for 70.1 transfer, or reachable on the NYS Civil Service Eligible List for this title. Refer to the GOT-IT website for qualifications for provisional appointment.
Duties Description *After 2 years of permanent service as a Rehabilitation Assistant 1 (SG 11) an advance to Rehabilitation Assistant 2 (SG 14) will be made.
Rehabilitation Assistants 2 are second-level paraprofessionals who assist in the vocational and social rehabilitation of individuals with Developmental Disabilities. They conduct preliminary evaluations of individual’s potential and existing capacities and interests, assess their ability to follow directions and work with peers and supervisors to plan and conduct individual and group habilitation programs. This position is based at Tracy Creek Day Hab.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Duties include but are not limited to:
• Directly guiding and assisting individuals in all areas of vocational/habilitation programming, including the line supervision of various activities and pre-vocational programs.
• Arranges appropriate activity/program placements.
• Provides supportive counseling.
• Provides mentoring and coaching.
• Assists Rehabilitation Counselor and Habilitation staff in the daily implementation of group activities in vocational and psychosocial areas.
• Prepares schedules and programs and arranges for necessary resources.
• Arranges transportation if needed.
• Implements service and Behavior Support plans.
• Identifies individual’s progress and growth through the recording of observed behavior and performance in various activities.
• Observes individual’s work habits and consults with other work site staff.
• Assists Rehabilitation Counselors and Habilitation Staff by gathering and distributing materials and supplies required to conduct group activities.
• Attends training in day programming, behavior support, and other related topics.
• Participates with other habilitation staff in regular, periodic reviews of programs.
• Attends and contributes to meetings to review individuals’ work attitudes, behavior, performance, and attendance.
• Develops and implements routines and goals for individuals to increase attending behavior and acceptance of guidance.
• Evaluates overall progress to ensure transition into either less restrictive or more advanced program areas.
• Keeps daily records of attendance and performance.
• Evaluates plans and goals to ensure that they are current and attainable and notes any significant changes or events.
• Develops plans and routines based on needs identified by the treatment team and limitations of available program areas and agency resources.
Additional Comments • All OPWDD employees must be eligible and maintain eligibility for full and unconditional participation in the Medicare and Medicaid programs. Continued employment will depend on maintaining eligibility.
• OPWDD IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
• Employees on long term leave can bid on positions but must be able to report to work within fourteen (14) days and be able to perform the essential functions of their positions with or without reasonable accommodation (RA). If an employee believes that he or she needs a reasonable accommodation, they should contact the NYS OPWDD Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Central Office at (518) 402-7644 or Email at Affirmative.Action@opwdd.ny.gov to obtain information and RA forms.
• OPWDD participates in Federal Loan Forgiveness Programs. For more information go to: www.studentaid.ed.gov/publicservice.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Notes on ApplyingSubmit Response to Posting form, cover letter, and résumé by August 14, 2018 to:
Broome DDSOO Human Resources Office
249 Glenwood Road
Binghamton, NY 13905
Please reference EOA # 180814G in all correspondence