Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
259 Glenwood Road
Minimum Qualifications MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
Candidates must be currently in title, reachable on the Civil Service Eligible List, eligible for 70.1 transfer, or licensed and currently registered to practice as an Occupational Therapist in New York State AND have one year of post licensure occupational therapy experience.
** If you are applying under eligibility for certification or for a limited permit:
• For college programs registered by NYSED or for American Occupational Therapy Association – you must submit a copy of your college transcript with your OC-APP.
• For all other programs – submit a copy of documentation from NYSED that it has found your professional preparation to be acceptable.
Valid driver's license.
Duties Description POSITION DESCRIPTION:
This Senior Occupational Therapist is a professional position requiring specialized education, experience, and licensure. Under the supervision of the Chief OT, the Senior Occupational Therapist will be an active therapist working within a consultative service provision model. As indicated by need, and under the medical model, the OT evaluates, plans, trains, and provide plan oversight as needed. Training staff in homes/day habs of therapy recommendations is an important role of this therapist. The Senior Occupational Therapist will represent the related service as part of the interdisciplinary treatment team. The Sr. OT will be involved in the Article 16 and IPSIDD provision of services within the catchment, and such evaluations include wheelchair assessments, environmental modification assessments, dining equipment, functional mobility, et cetera.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Act on referrals in a timely manner and performs Occupational Therapy-related Assessments relative to areas of clinical competency
• As prescribed or referred by a physician, evaluates individual's needs for therapy based on functional performance of tasks, life skills, and interpersonal skills.
• Development of OT related recommendations to be carried out at home/day habs/programs & provide needed training
• Support the Team as a related service
• Provision of direct OT services provided as needed based on Evidence Based Practice Approach as needed and will have treatment plans describing the treatment strategy, purpose, and anticipated outcomes.
• Facilitation of Community Based OT services as needed
• Training of staff/care providers/community supports on implementation of OT related plans/recommendations/routines, etc.
• Durable Medical Equipment (DME) and Environmental Modification (E-Mod) assessment, justification, and acquisition upon referral
• Determines need for adaptive equipment and other aids to improve functional skills and abilities and may design, adapt, and work with AE to fabricate such aids if need be.
• Works independently as well as together with other OTs & other clinicians for the benefit of the individuals we serve
• Effective, timely, and thorough documentation of service provision
• Other duties as assigned.
Additional Comments • For CSEA positions: Local Bidding Agreements will be honored.
• All OPWDD employees must be eligible and maintain eligibility for full and unconditional participation in the Medicare and Medicaid programs. Continued employment will depend on maintaining eligibility.
• OPWDD IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
• Employees on long term leave can bid on positions but must be able to report to work within fourteen (14) days and be able to perform the essential functions of their positions with or without reasonable accommodation (RA). If an employee believes that he or she needs a reasonable accommodation, they should contact the NYS OPWDD Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Central Office at (518) 402-7644 or Email at Affirmative.Action@opwdd.ny.gov to obtain information and RA forms.
• OPWDD participates in Federal Loan Forgiveness Programs. For more information go to: www.studentaid.ed.gov/publicservice.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Notes on ApplyingSubmit Response to Posting form, cover letter, and résumé by August 14, 2018 to:
Broome DDSOO Human Resources Office
249 Glenwood Road
Binghamton, NY 13905
Please reference EOA #180814H in all correspondence