Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
Minimum Qualifications Current New York State employee with one year or more permanent, contingent-permanent or 55b/c service as a Contract Management Specialist 3; OR current New York State employee with one year or more of permanent, contingent-permanent or 55b/c service in a position allocated to a Grade 25 and above and eligible for transfer under Section 52.6 or 70.1 of the Civil Service Law.
Employees reachable on the Contract Management Specialist 3 Civil Service eligible list will be canvassed and should not respond to this posting. This vacancy posting is for the purposes of notifying individuals about transfer opportunities.
NOTE: A comprehensive list of titles approved for transfer to Contract Management Specialist 3 is available in the Division of Human Resources Management or through Civil Service GOT-IT available at www.cs.ny.gov.
Duties Description Incumbent will assist the Acting Director, Division of Contract Administration in the day-to-day activities of the Division and in the development of policies and procedures governing the administration and management of contracts and payment reimbursement to vendors under contract.
Responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
• Oversee the development and implementation of contracts for construction of buildings for use by various State agencies.
• Ensure that policies and department procedures are in accordance with State Finance Law, Public Buildings Law, and other statutory requirements associated with Vendor Responsibility and Minority Owned Business Enterprise participation.
• Oversee the development of contracts for consultant services with private engineering and architectural design firms.
• Oversee the formal bid and the execution of contract award to assure procedures and resolutions are in accordance with statutory requirements.
• Oversee the audit and processing of payment requests received from contractors for work performed on building construction projects under contract.
• Supervise the analysis and evaluation of bids, contractors, and general market conditions as they affect building construction contracts.
• Oversee regional training of staff to ensure compliance to policies and department procedures.
• Manage procurements effecting Department needs and resources.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
31st Floor Corning Tower, Empire State Plaza
Notes on ApplyingPlease submit cover letter along with a clear and concise resume detailing how you meet the minimum qualifications for this position as listed in Specifics and indicate the Position Title & Vacancy ID number for which you are applying.