Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
Minimum Qualifications Current New York State employee with one year or more of permanent, contingent-permanent or 55b/c service as a Secretary 1; OR current New York State employee with one year or more of permanent, contingent-permanent or 55b/c service in a position allocated to a Grade 9 or above and eligible for transfer under Section 70.1 of the Civil Service Law. Must demonstrate adequate keyboarding skills by prior service in a keyboarding title or successful completion of a Keyboard Specialist performance test.
Employees reachable on the Secretary 1 Civil Service eligible list will be canvassed and should not respond to this posting. This vacancy posting is for the purposes of notifying individuals about transfer opportunities.
NOTE: A comprehensive list of titles approved for transfer to Secretary 1 is available in the Division of Human Resources Management or through Civil Service GOT-IT available at www.cs.ny.gov.
Duties Description Duties will include but not be limited to:
• Handle incoming correspondence, review outgoing correspondence, deliver project documents.
• Handle telephone calls, assist visitors and respond to questions or refer to appropriate staff.
• Assist to develop and maintain office procedures.
• Set-up and maintain office filing systems (including electronic).
• For plan file, assist users find, locate, scan and print plans.
• Work with estimators to input their excel data into project management software.
Plan File Storage Facility
• Assist users find, locate, scan and print plans.
• Incorporate large format drawings and Electronic versions of files to physical and electronic file storage systems, and index them.
• Responsible for managing plan file and makes appointments with consultants or users who need access.
Archiving our web collaboration software (submittals exchange)
• Work with team leaders to decide if project should be archived.
• Work with web collaboration vendor to receive archive downloads.
• Download files, indexes them in proper place on network, track of progress in excel spreadsheet.
• Work with web collaboration vendor to remove projects once projects have been archived.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
31st Floor Corning Tower, Empire State Plaza
Notes on ApplyingPlease submit cover letter along with a clear and concise resume detailing how you meet the minimum qualifications for this position as listed in Specifics and indicate the Position Title & Vacancy ID number for which you are applying.