Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
Minimum Qualifications MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
• In title Physical Therapy Assistant 2, Grade 14;
- OR –
• Eligible for a 70.1 transfer by way of current permanent status in a title deemed comparable to Physical Therapy Assistant 2 by the Department of Civil Service (must also be within 2 salary grades of grade 14)
Additionally you may apply to have your name added to the eligible list for this title:
Physical Therapist Assistant 2: you must be certified and currently registered to practice as a Physical Therapy Assistant in New York State AND have two years of post-certification physical therapy assistant experience.
Duties Description As a Physical Therapy Assistant 2, you would assist the supervising Physical Therapist in providing comprehensive Physical Therapy services to individuals with Development Disabilities on assigned caseload, ensuring they receive physical therapy related care and equipment, and are safe in their program and home environments. Duties include, but are not limited to:
• Assist supervising Physical Therapist in performing Physical Therapy-related assessments
• Provide direct Physical Therapy services to individuals identified by supervising Physical Therapist
• Assist with Safe Patient Handling and other physical therapy related training to new and current staff.
• Assist supervising Physical Therapist with monitoring and minor maintenance of Durable Medical Equipment
• Serve as a member of the Interdisciplinary Treatment Team
• Attend physiatrist and other appropriate medical specialty appointments as needed
• Attend Individualized Service Plan Meetings and or other appropriate meetings as needed
• Assist supervising Physical Therapist with bed inspections
• Other duties as assigned
Additional Comments ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:
• If you are employed by state government you may be able to receive loan forgiveness under the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program (PSLF). The PSLF Program forgives the remaining balance on Direct Loans after 120 qualifying monthly payments have been made under a qualifying repayment plan while working full-time for a qualifying employer.
• Employees on long term leave can bid on positions but must be able to report to work within fourteen (14) days and be able to perform the essential functions of their positions with or without reasonable accommodation (RA). If an employee believes that he or she needs a reasonable accommodation, they should contact the NYS OPWDD Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Central Office at (518) 402-7644 or Email at Affirmative.Action@opwdd.ny.gov to obtain information and RA forms.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.