Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
80 South Swan St.
Minimum Qualifications Permanent Appointment: Permanent service in the Senior Training Technician (Police) title or one year of permanent competitive or 55b/c service in a title SG-16 or higher and otherwise eligible for transfer under Civil Service Law, or reachable on the current eligible list for this title.
Preferred Qualifications: Proficiency in Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
Duties Description The Senior Training Technician (Police) will perform duties including but not limited to:
• Producing, reviewing and compiling documents and media for Raise the Age legislation and law
enforcement related training programs;
• Facilitating training programs inclusive of scheduling, monitoring and logistical arrangements;
• Directing instruction of select training programs to include Raise the Age training;
• Developing, reviewing and evaluating training programs and training instructors;
• Coordinating and facilitating subject matter expert panels to assist with trainings;
• Facilitating various committee and council meetings; and
• Collaborating with various NYS and federal agencies on a variety of law enforcement related
initiatives, including but not limited to, juvenile law and procedures; and
• May be reassigned to other tasks and/or work groups within the Office of Public Safety based upon
Additional Comments Appointment is subject to Division of Budget waiver approval.
Questions on eligibility can be directed to Human Resources at 518-485-7696.
The NYS Division of Criminal Justice Services provides reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please notify Derick Eng, Director of Workforce Diversity and Equity Programs at (518) 485-7962. The Equal Employment Opportunity Utilization Report is also available for review by contacting Derick Eng.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
80 South Swan St.
Notes on ApplyingPlease send a cover letter and resume to the email/address above if interested indicating the Job Posting # 57814.
DCJS was named to the Times Union’s list of 2017 and 2018 Top Workplaces as voted on by our employees, and received special recognition for fostering new ideas and communication.