Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
Minimum Qualifications Any appointment made to this position is subject to DOB guidelines for processing personnel transactions. NYS employees with one year or more of permanent, contingent permanent or 55-B/C service in a title that is eligible to 70.1 transfer under Civil Service Law. For appointment to a two-year traineeship leading to Accountant Aide, G-13
A) Employees who are currently serving in the same title are eligible for reassignment without change in title or status;
b) Candidates reachable on the appropriate eligible list for this title and location;
c) Employees eligible for transfer;
d) In the event an eligible list for this title does not exist, or has less than three acceptors, a current New York State employee grade 5 or higher in a permanent, contingent-permanent, or 55b/c title with six semester credit hours of accounting courses may be appointed on a provisional basis. In addition to the six credit hours of accounting required to be appointed provisionally you must have nine accounting credits to be appointed to the Accountant Aide Trainee 2 an additional three more credit hours in accounting (for a total of 12 credit hours) in order to complete this traineeship. Note: Provisional appointments are made pending an exam and will be revoked if the selected candidate is not immediately reachable on the eligible list resulting from the next holding of the exam.
Duties Description Under the supervision of a Senior Accountant, the Accountant Aide must be able to perform the following essential functions:
• Develop and maintain a basic understanding of accounting principles, theories, and techniques.
• Post daily bank statements and recap reports for daily revenue reports.
• Post daily Empire and Mainframe distribution reports to Tax Ledgers.
• Assist the Senior Accountant with preparing monthly spreadsheets.
• Assist the Senior Accountant with reconciling variances and follow up with the bank, Department staff, or OSC as required.
• Assist the Senior Accountant with quarterly and annual GAAP reports.
• Prepare various Accounting financial reports and respond to adhoc requests.
• Possess strong computer skills in order to navigate various PC systems including email, spreadsheets, databases, DTF systems and bank websites on the internet in order to report on daily and monthly revenues.
• Possess strong organizational skills and ability to meet deadlines.
• Adhere to the Department's time and attendance rules and regulations.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.