Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
Minimum Qualifications MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
Currently a permanent Rehabilitation Counselor 2 or 70.1 Transfer Eligible within two grades as determined by Civil Service.
Promotion Qualifications: Simultaneous to this posting, the civil service list for Rehabilitation Counselor 2 will be canvassed. Consideration will be contingent upon reachability or eligibility in accordance with Civil Service Law.
One year of permanent service as a Rehabilitation Counselor 1.
Duties Description POSITION DESCRIPTION/PRIMARY JOB DUTIES:
• Act as the Regional Office liaison to voluntary providers and individuals who are in specialty settings.
• Attend CNY county sub-committee meetings and represent RO on other committees as assigned.
• Possess a strong working knowledge base of Certified Residential Opportunities philosophy, protocols, forms and procedures to effectively initiate a certified residential referral.
• Serve as a point of contact for Care Coordinators to provide technical assistance regarding OPWDD supports, regulations, and services.
• Possess working knowledge base of OPWDD’s Front Door.
• Attend planning meetings regarding individuals served.
• Facilitate, arrange, and attend residential screenings as appropriate between individuals and prospective residential providers.
• Conduct face to face visits with the individual in various settings to assess their needs and desire for services.
• Be able to effectively communicate with staff at specialty settings regarding OPWDD service options and general community supports.
• Participate in the monthly Access to Residential Opportunities Committee (AROC).
• Develop, extract, and analyze data reports.
• Other duties and special projects as assigned.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
101 West Liberty Street
Notes on ApplyingPlease submit a cover letter and resume by 08/21/2018 and include EOA # 18-160 on all correspondence to: Central NY DDSO, Human Resources, 101 W. Liberty Street, Rome, NY 13440 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Employees on long term leave can bid on positions but must be able to report to work within fourteen (14) days and be able to perform the essential functions of their positions with or without reasonable accommodation (RA). If an employee believes that he or she needs a reasonable accommodation, they should contact the NYS OPWDD Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Central Office at (518) 402-7644 or Email at Affirmative.Action@opwdd.ny.gov to obtain information and RA forms.
Public Service Loan Forgiveness: If you are employed by state government you may be able to receive loan forgiveness under the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program (PSLF). The PSLF Program forgives the remaining balance on Direct Loans after 120 qualifying monthly payments have been made under a qualifying repayment plan while working full-time for a qualifying employer. For more information regarding PSLF please visit StudentAid.gov/publicservice.
• For CSEA positions: Local Bidding Agreements will be honored.
• Preference will be given to OPWDD employees impacted by closures. If you are being impacted by closure, please indicate this on your resume/cover letter.
• All OPWDD employees must be eligible and maintain eligibility for full and unconditional participation in the Medicare and Medicaid programs. Continued employment will depend on maintaining eligibility.
• OPWDD IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER.